My Life as an Internet Novel - Vol. 2 Ch. 62

@justanoyster Exactly. And you have to think about the potential repercussions of telling them they're "fictional" too. Imagine telling them that they're just characters being strung along by their creator like some cosmic playthings with no will of their own and that everything they do is possibly predetermined. That they can't fight the flow of the writing. Like puppets. They'd be faced with an existential crisis just like Dani, but possibly worse. Even if their creator/author is a good person, it also doesn't change the fact that their lives were written as "entertainment" for people. Imagine thinking their lives, right down to their struggles, hardships, and tragedies were written by someone as a form of amusement for "real" people. They may be fictional to those readers but for the characters themselves who live and breathe in the world we see them in, every moment in their lives - right down to their pain and suffering - is as real as they come. Their lives are not a show for others.

Think about Eunhyung for example. We know his mom died in a car accident when he was a kid. Imagine telling him someone wrote that to be so. Chunyoung seems to have had a carefree life but he also has to live with the reality that his mom was in the driver's seat when Eunhyung's mom died. Yeoryeong? Unable to make any real friends because she's so beautiful and exceptional that girls get jealous of her while guys just see her as a prize. Jooin and Jiho, as we'll see, also have their own struggles.

And remember how Jiho said Dani sometimes behaves or looks at them like they're strangers? Imagine the consequences that might result from the reveal that they're fictional, but Dani has a foot in "reality." She sometimes thinks their thoughts and feelings aren't genuine, but a result of the writing. Dani sometimes looked at them like they weren't "real" people and doubts the sincerity of their feelings. Imagine being regarded as a character and not a person. There's no way they won't get hurt or upset. Dani isn't stupid, she's simply aware of the weight of the secret she's carrying.

Oml hahahaha when is Dan-I going to know that Ruda is male??? On accident?? XD so excited to see it

It's hard not to like Chunyoung in this chapter... Maybe it's also the beautiful lighting and the framing.

Woah what @sardonic
What's this about an alternate ending? 👀 I'm kinda curious, if it's okay to share. Just a gist is alright.

@SugarArirang
I don't know much about it. It's discussed briefly in the spoiler thread for this series on the Novel Updates forum and is supposedly a "what-if" scenario more than anything as the post-epilogue extra stories all follow the main ending. All I know is that
the alternate ending (called the "Special Ending" in KR) seems to be a Chunyoung/Dani ending. However, the posters in the spoiler thread seem to see it as an unsatisfying ending for Jiho from a writing perspective because it supposedly doesn't give him proper closure with regards to his feelings for Dani and makes it seem like he learned nothing from the suffering/hardships he went through over the course of the story.

Dex-chan lover
This is something I've been thinking for a while.

Why doesn't Dan-I feel like the "four heavenly kings" and Yeoryeong are just friends with her because that's part of the story? She treats them as precious friends, which is fine. But she explicitly attributes their physical characteristics and some personality traits to being characters from a web novel. Their beauty, their hair color, their eye color, and at least Yeoryeong's ability to get perfect grades with no intensive studying.

But she doesn't attribute them being nice to her as part of the "author" that she whines about sometimes. She doesn't fear that they are fake. At least, nothing has ever explicitly been said. She has even said that she dislikes things because it feels like a puppet show. But she has never said anything about their emotions towards her being controlled.

Fed-Kun's army
why doesn't she just show them the novel that the world is based off of? did author forget about it?

Users who are viewing this thread