My Love for My Roommate Is One-Sided - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

Double-page supporter
wait hold on why is everybody mad??? i feel like it's completely normal to not want to bring up your friend's (apparently) obvious crush on you? like she's not leading anybody on, she just doesn't want to threaten the integrity of the friendship by bringing romance into it, especially if she doesn't feel the same way. and it's not like she's extorting money from hana, they're literally just friends lmao

eta: not saying that kanata's behavior is good or healthy, like she's definitely being immature, but i don't think she's the master manipulator everybody is making her out to be here

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I mean I knew it. But like girl. You just have to date her. She's already put up with you this long all that would change is you making out and love with her
Lesbian girl deserves better, beside her shit taste in women

wait hold on why is everybody mad???
Because the girl is an asshole, so even shipping the two leads feels quite bad. Why would you root for one character to be with someone who's willingly manipulating her?
Oh, by the way, you don't need to be especially smart to manipulate someone

Group Leader
wait hold on why is everybody mad??? i feel like it's completely normal to not want to bring up your friend's (apparently) obvious crush on you? like she's not leading anybody on, she just doesn't want to threaten the integrity of the friendship by bringing romance into it, especially if she doesn't feel the same way. and it's not like she's extorting money from hana, they're literally just friends lmao

eta: not saying that kanata's behavior is good or healthy, like she's definitely being immature, but i don't think she's the master manipulator everybody is making her out to be here
She's leading her on through inviting her to live with her, acting like a romantic partner like saying things that a partner would say like not letting anyone else pierce her ears, or asking to be fed.

There's also that she constantly talks about her crushes/bfs to get comfort from someone she knows has feelings for her.

Double-page supporter
This definitely added an intriguing conflict, and I'm Even more interested in this now.

While this may be considered leading on, this doesn't sound malicious. While she may about the attraction there's a good chance she was already doing the kissing and hugging stuff before have. She's just a bubbly and friendly person. And once she realizes her friend likes her, what is she supposed to do? Acting differently might lose her friend. Bringing it up might lose her friend. And the other person hasn't said anything either. She may think that if both people are content with the status quo there's no reason to rock the boat. It's not like you can't be friends with someone who likes you.

While I don't agree with what she's doing I certainly get where it's coming from and it makes me wonder where this is going.

Double-page supporter
She's leading her on through inviting her to live with her, acting like a romantic partner like saying things that a partner would say like not letting anyone else pierce her ears, or asking to be fed.

There's also that she constantly talks about her crushes/bfs to get comfort from someone she knows has feelings for her.
We don't know when she realized it though. It could've been before moving out of could've been after. We already know she's boyfriend brained so there's a this chance that's how she acts in general. We saw that in highschool she was already openly talking about liking a teacher to someone she barely knew. While wrong, there isn't necessarily any malice.

Users who are viewing this thread