My love for my roommate is one-sided - Vol. 1 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
Im so confused, what part of her is toxic??? Can someone explain please?
Kanata has admitted in a previous chapter that she knows Hana likes her but she's scared that they'll break up if she tries to date her like every guy that she has dated before

I think calling it toxic is ridiculous (her concern isn't absurd and Hana hasn't even tried confessing anyway) but I can see how it's kind of a dick move

Double-page supporter
Kanata has admitted in a previous chapter that she knows Hana likes her but she's scared that they'll break up if she tries to date her like every guy that she has dated before

I think calling it toxic is ridiculous (her concern isn't absurd and Hana hasn't even tried confessing anyway) but I can see how it's kind of a dick move
See, that part of I get like she knows her feelings and all but so far we haven't seen her use her feelings for her advantage, not once sabotaged any relationship because she was jealous, not once has she went out of her way to do anything that she would feel forced to do.

In a way she's respecting Hana's feelings by letting her still be the one to bring it up, because Hana does not have seem to have an interest in wanting to tell her that. Because think about it, you're there hanging out with your friend (whos also your crush) and they bring it up in randomly and be like "hey I noticed you have a crush on me am I reading this right or?" then be put on the spot to either double down the friendship or confess. With what's presented so far, what option will Hana choose?

Dex-chan lover
See, that part of I get like she knows her feelings and all but so far we haven't seen her use her feelings for her advantage, not once sabotaged any relationship because she was jealous, not once has she went out of her way to do anything that she would feel forced to do.

In a way she's respecting Hana's feelings by letting her still be the one to bring it up, because Hana does not have seem to have an interest in wanting to tell her that. Because think about it, you're there hanging out with your friend (whos also your crush) and they bring it up in randomly and be like "hey I noticed you have a crush on me am I reading this right or?" then be put on the spot to either double down the friendship or confess. With what's presented so far, what option will Hana choose?
Kanata is not keeping quiet to "respect Hana's feelings", she's doing it because it's a convenient relationship for her where she knows she can get as much comfort and companionship as she wants because Hana is in love with her without having to commit to anything herself. Previous chapters make this abundantly clear. The problem isn't that she knows and doesn't say anything, it's that she knows and doesn't say anything because she's intentionally using Hana as a crutch.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, a real friend that isn't romantically interested in you would tell you straight in the face that he/she is not interested in having romantic relationship with you once they caught a whiff of the possibility that you're doing shit that you wouldn't normally do because you're crushing on them. Real friends wants the best for each other, no?

Otherwise it's just taking advantage of other's feelings. That's some fake shit.

Double-page supporter
Kanata is not keeping quiet to "respect Hana's feelings", she's doing it because it's a convenient relationship for her where she knows she can get as much comfort and companionship as she wants because Hana is in love with her without having to commit to anything herself. Previous chapters make this abundantly clear. The problem isn't that she knows and doesn't say anything, it's that she knows and doesn't say anything because she's intentionally using Hana as a crutch.
I see your point of the arguement, their relationship with each other and their personalities as indicated in chapter 0 make it a bit hard for the other to actually have good communication with each other.

A girl obsessed with her romantic partners, who's not mentally stable and a girl who does not talk much about anything and does not like talk about love. With this in mind boundaries about what to talk about in their context of friendship is that there should not be any talk about love.

It stands to reason that Kanata knowing that because she's her best friend would take comfort to Hana as a friend and understand that Hana does not want to talk about her own romantic life (and feelings for her). Note in my 2nd paragraph a contradiction, "If she doesn't like talking about love, why does Kanata still bring up her ex relationships to Hana?" Because friends offer each other their shoulder and ear to one another, even if that topic is something they dislike.

Double-page supporter
I mean, a real friend that isn't romantically interested in you would tell you straight in the face that he/she is not interested in having romantic relationship with you once they caught a whiff of the possibility that you're doing shit that you wouldn't normally do because you're crushing on them. Real friends wants the best for each other, no?

Otherwise it's just taking advantage of other's feelings. That's some fake shit.
Listen, friends irl do gain crushes with one another, as friendship can be a gateway to a romantic relationship with one another. That's been around for a very long time.

Taking advantage of someone because they have romantic feelings for you is when it becomes a transaction of affection between another person or doing something that's not in their character. Real friends don't carry any debt that becomes used as a promise.

When people do gain crushes to their friends irl, they hope for that feeling to go away and not confront their feelings, and friends who pick up on these feelings won't bring it up because if they do that relationship becomes redefined as something else other than friendship and more so that they don't seek their friendship but as a suitor looking for love.

Dex-chan lover
Listen, friends irl do gain crushes with one another, as friendship can be a gateway to a romantic relationship with one another. That's been around for a very long time.

Taking advantage of someone because they have romantic feelings for you is when it becomes a transaction of affection between another person or doing something that's not in their character. Real friends don't carry any debt that becomes used as a promise.

When people do gain crushes to their friends irl, they hope for that feeling to go away and not confront their feelings, and friends who pick up on these feelings won't bring it up because if they do that relationship becomes redefined as something else other than friendship and more so that they don't seek their friendship but as a suitor looking for love.
If you got your friend wasting time crushing on you when you're not interested instead of just quickly shooting it down so they can quickly heal and find someone else, sounds like you don't actually care about them. Like I said, fake shit.

Double-page supporter
If you got your friend wasting time crushing on you when you're not interested instead of just quickly shooting it down so they can quickly heal and find someone else, sounds like you don't actually care about them. Like I said, fake shit.
Alright then, with your words how would you handle this situation clearly without being harsh, overly judgemental and assuming?

Dex-chan lover

so you think is not a dick move to NOT FICKING FORCE YOUR FRIEND TO CONFESS?? that is what i call a dick move!

Users who are viewing this thread