My Love for My Roommate Is One-Sided - Vol. 2 Ch. 46 - My Love for My Roommate Was One-Sided✿10

Supporter
"Hello coworker. Listen, my sister died when I was a kid, and that trauma made me a hag-loving connoisseur. Can I call you big sis instead of your name? Including at work? In a... very platonic and not-at-all sexualized manner?"

You know it sounds weird as hell, but I used to work at a place where all the guys under thirty there would pick one of the women bosses/managers to call mom or mama and be called son or kiddo in turn. I thought it was weird, but a lot of things in rural America are weird. I don't even know if that's just a rural thing, or a specific location thing. Eh.

Still, shows that there is some kind of precedent outside of nonsense manga. It's just like... auntie or granny make sense for somebody you're grateful to or that has had your back in a non-professional setting. Mom or sister feel way too familiar for a coworker even if you like them. To me at least.

Also why was it only young guys that did this? The more I think about it the more fucked up it seems.

Dex-chan lover
what exactly do you mean by you HAD a sister? Like, is it blood-related sister who died? Step-sister who went away? Onee-sama-kind-of-sister who you lost touch with?

explain that first bruh

anw, thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
"Hello coworker. Listen, my sister died when I was a kid, and that trauma made me a hag-loving connoisseur. Can I call you big sis instead of your name? Including at work? In a... very platonic and not-at-all sexualized manner?"

You know it sounds weird as hell, but I used to work at a place where all the guys under thirty there would pick one of the women bosses/managers to call mom or mama and be called son or kiddo in turn. I thought it was weird, but a lot of things in rural America are weird. I don't even know if that's just a rural thing, or a specific location thing. Eh.

Still, shows that there is some kind of precedent outside of nonsense manga. It's just like... auntie or granny make sense for somebody you're grateful to or that has had your back in a non-professional setting. Mom or sister feel way too familiar for a coworker even if you like them. To me at least.

Also why was it only young guys that did this? The more I think about it the more fucked up it seems.
I need you to make a reddit post detailing what the fuck was going on in that workplace because genuinely, what the fuck? I mean that kindly, I'm just confused.

Supporter
I need you to make a reddit post detailing what the fuck was going on in that workplace because genuinely, what the fuck? I mean that kindly, I'm just confused.
I'm not going to make a reddit account just to write out a work stories post. I've already told most of the story anyways. It was a truckstop out in rural America. I worked in the kitchen. Most of my coworkers were crazy, the ones that weren't didn't last. I lasted because... well, I thought I wasn't going to live much longer. So I went four years working that place. Saw all kinds.
That weird mommy culture didn't really happen until the first manager quit without anyone to replace her. Without that high-energy no-nonsense brick-wall of a woman there was just the three assistants, who quickly formed a pseudo-political front against one another in a bid for the Restaurant General Manager position.

The actual mommy thing started off of one girl who was extremely close to one of the AMs before working there. The 17-year-old guy who heard her call the AM mom started asking questions about it. Then he wanted to participate. It was really obvious they felt uncomfortable but put up with it because they knew he was a bit socially inept and didn't want to hurt his feelings. I didn't mention anything because outside of racism, sexism, or serious food safety issues, I figured adults could handle their own issues.

I noticed another guy started up on the mom thing, with a different AM. I just figured it was weird but w/e. Couple weeks later I realized every guy I was working with had latched on like that to someone or another. (Except my buddy Whippets Guy, who despite the name and the recreational drug use, was really intelligent and down to earth. I was super into him physically and mentally, but I thought he wasn't really ready for a relationship, and I don't care for casual stuff, so I never pushed for it. Still the one time he showed me his abs to... idk why actually, i don't remember anything about that moment except how hot he was lol). That same 17-year-old I had mentioned earlier actually just called almost any woman older than him working there mom. He was a special case, it was odd.

Eventually, the truck stop managed to get a new RGM in. It was not any of the three women who had been gunning for it. However, the mommy culture had already cemented itself, it was just one of those things ig. Nobody really acknowledged it, but I can't have been the only one who thought it was weird.

Dex-chan lover
I think this is common knowledge to many weebs, but just in case for the uninitiated: incest accusations aside, many languages in Asia distinguish people not (only) by gender, but by hierarchy and age.

Regarding calling a stranger an 'older sister':
Ane (the word from which the nee in nee-san and all its variants comes from) does mean 'older sister, but refers to someone who is a woman by gender and is of older stature than the speaker. It is used invariably similar to jiejie, mbak, teteh, and many other similar calls in many other Asian languages which addresses an older woman with a word that typically means 'older sister'.

Regarding 'Onee-sama':
Sworn sisterhood as used in Class S trope utilizes this callsign in making an analogy of sisterly relationship between seniors and juniors of the setting school, but their relationship is not necessarily all sisterly and should not be treated as such. Sworn siblinghood is a common thing in East Asia and had always been a seniority-based support system in their older educational housings such as dojos. You'd in fact find a lot of these sworn brothers in martial arts stories. Class S literature simply carried the system over to girls' schools.

All this said—purple was defo aiming for that slurpy tasty incest anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread