My Love for My Roommate Is One-Sided

Dex-chan lover
This manga is officially available in English on Irodori, under the name "My crush is my roomate". It's on Irodori Aqua and Irodori Sakura to be precise. For now, it's not on the manga's front page, so i say it here.

Dex-chan lover
Urgh, straight girl ! :bleh:
I purchased the first volume on irodori. With no surprise, it's your typical straight girl x lesbian love story.
Casting a lesbian who's obsessed over her straight BFF no matter how she's treated and a selfish straight girl who's as dense as a rock until she's strike by the gay thunder and see her BFF as a potential lover.
A classic story.

Last edited:
Supporter
It's revealed somewhat early on that the straight girl knows the other girl is into her, and is leading her on because she likes being doted on. Granted, gay girl is kinda doing it to herself by still being around despite knowing this relationship isn't going to go anywhere. Like, in reality it would be healthier for the gay girl to accept that the relationship is extremely imbalanced and find love elsewhere. She won't, but she should..
Tbf, I'm sure eventually the "straight" girl will just give in and date the gay girl, but that's manga for you. It's not completely irredeemable as a piece of fiction, just keep in mind that the relationship depicted would be super toxic irl. Again, that's manga for you.

Ignore that(ish). It doesn't really play out that way.

Last edited:
It's revealed somewhat early on that the straight girl knows the other girl is into her, and is leading her on because she likes being doted on. Granted, gay girl is kinda doing it to herself by still being around despite knowing this relationship isn't going to go anywhere. Like, in reality it would be healthier for the gay girl to accept that the relationship is extremely imbalanced and find love elsewhere. She won't, but she should..
Tbf, I'm sure eventually the "straight" girl will just give in and date the gay girl, but that's manga for you. It's not completely irredeemable as a piece of fiction, just keep in mind that the relationship depicted would be super toxic irl. Again, that's manga for you.
I mean, not everyone stays around people solely for the idea or promise of a relationship. When you fall in love with friends, you have to weigh out if you love them more than you appreciate as your friend before coming to any conclusions. Some people who tend to be loyal with their feelings will just stay around anyways rather than attempting to move on, especially since it tends to lead to being bad in future relationships if you still end up liking that friend because you still see them regularly. The prospects of a relationship are nice but not guaranteed. And even if Kanata is nice to Hana or is aware of her feelings, she can still continue to act how she normally does, most of her actions don’t seem to be out of character so it’s hard to say she’s leading her on. Rather, being someone’s friend, depending on their personality, will often time include things like play flirting and physical contact. Should someone choose to stay, that is solely because they wanted to. Kanata isn’t going around play kissing with her or almost getting into sexual situations or anything like that so I at least personally wouldn’t categorize it as leading Hana on. And even then she was also still figuring out her feelings.

Supporter
I mean, not everyone stays around people solely for the idea or promise of a relationship. When you fall in love with friends, you have to weigh out if you love them more than you appreciate as your friend before coming to any conclusions. Some people who tend to be loyal with their feelings will just stay around anyways rather than attempting to move on, especially since it tends to lead to being bad in future relationships if you still end up liking that friend because you still see them regularly. The prospects of a relationship are nice but not guaranteed. And even if Kanata is nice to Hana or is aware of her feelings, she can still continue to act how she normally does, most of her actions don’t seem to be out of character so it’s hard to say she’s leading her on. Rather, being someone’s friend, depending on their personality, will often time include things like play flirting and physical contact. Should someone choose to stay, that is solely because they wanted to. Kanata isn’t going around play kissing with her or almost getting into sexual situations or anything like that so I at least personally wouldn’t categorize it as leading Hana on. And even then she was also still figuring out her feelings.
Yeah the dynamic wasn't as cut and dry as I made it out to be by chapter ten. I emotionally jumped the gun to say it was inherently bad. That's what I get. I've just seen relationships like this irl, and irl often turns out that the straight girl is using the gay girl as an emotional crutch without considering her feelings. Sometimes throwing a bone their way to make it seem like she was interested in more of the relationship before moving in the opposite direction if pursued at all.

Of course, nobody owes it to anybody to be attracted to them. And romance is not a direct upgrade to friendship as is portrayed in a lot of media. I do think that if you notice a friend feels that way about you it's probably best to figure that out instead of letting it fester like this. This is a manga though, so instead of festering it's just blooming. Idk. It's the disconnect between reality and fiction. This could have ended in heartache and tears. It won't because the author won't let it.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit, the @Assaultsquirt replied to me?? Boy do I! :meguu:
Here's to you, friend.

pov-youre-a-pathetic-waiter-in-america-who-has-to-serve-a-v0-vxd3wn4lm1qb1.jpg

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
@Gramine, is it really over already? You've marked completed, but didn't give a chapter #....

Looking at Pixiv, main story ends on post 93 (chapter 93?), though there are a couple extras posts afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread