My Master, the Wolf Queen - Vol. 1 Ch. 42

...Sorry, I can't help but ship the queen with the merchant prince. That jun is just too shady and obviously doesn't love her enough since he's basically just being accommodating because he wants to survive.

He’s been courting her for 6 years and she didn’t even realize

Omg I’m sailing this ship

Ohohohohoho i see we have the second male lead,,,

bUT I SHIP THE MERCHANT PRINCE AND THE QUEEN SO MUCH GOOD LORD PLS LET HIM BE THE MALE LEAD INSTEAD

Dex-chan lover
I don't like this new dork but I have to admit he's right about one thing: She's a bloody-handed conqueror, which involves causing mass destruction, death and suffering. Whatever he's done hasn't caused any of that stuff . . . at least, not directly. Of course, by the standards of the time, conquest is good and admirable, but the death destruction and suffering still happen.

While his bragging may seem like poor etiquette and flirting skills, he's actually playing things very smart. As a princess of a powerful and ever growing Kingdom she is used to constantly being flattered and people trying to get into her good graces. In fact she initially expected him to be writing a nice happy birthday letter like everyone else . His bragging and instigating a rivalry of sorts sets him apart while at the same time advertising his value and skills to her. Add to that stories of things that would be unfamiliar to her to capture her interest and you can see he's put thought into this.

Of course the empress seems ignorant of his trying to charm her for several years, but this may actually be to his advantage. It's hard to truly win someone's affections through letters especially if you aren't close to begin with and the person you are contacting already has plenty of confidence. I think if his interest had been too overt she would have likely cut off contact with him. With him doing things the way he did he managed to stay in touch and just maybe build enough interest in him to build off of when he finally meets her again.

Fed-Kun's army
Let me guess... he is a siren !

I mean he has the same charactar as the Queen, he is very hundsome, very smart, gets everything he wants, "loves" the water annnnnd we get a siren myth on bord

All I can think is that our lovable boi better starts his rotors. Prince Lucas is definitely at a big advantage and is totally running for our sweet Queen at many knots. Like Aeriandra said, he is using his skills to his advantage and knows that flattering her will make him forgettable, just like everyone else. Instead, advertise his own merits by bragging and antagonizing her into a rivalry is definitely the way to keep him on her mind, lol.

That being said, seriously, Prince Lucas sure is high specs as well. Damn, so far he and the Queen are the hottest, most intelligent, and strongest people so far. Our boi here have a lot to contend with.

I'm sorry boi but I like Lucas more, and the story IMO would be much more interesting if it was the empress x Lucas

forget about ml..! i ship lucasxqueen. would honestly make a really cute couple
thanks for the chapter

I cannot lie... Lucas is better. Honestly I REALLY do not feel a connection between the main duo AT ALL. It feels so forced. :( I know that there's no way she can end up with Lucas, and he'll probably be written off as scheming or not a right fit or something but...he's just 20x more of a man than ml would ever be. Glad to see so many of you intellectual commenters feel the same, lolol

funnily enough I don’t seem to ship the empress with anyone, I’m pretty neutral to that because I feel like her current character is soooo fresh.

idk why peeps be sleeping on this gem! i lovee how interesting it is to have a sort of “masculine” empress and “feminine” male concubine dynamic, and esp now that we have a longtime admirer who is at equal level with the empress. gah so much love

Users who are viewing this thread