My New Friend Wasn't What I Expected - Ch. 24 - A Friend Who Can't Be Honest

Power Uploader
Damn that's a big coincidence, thank you very much for a good quality chapter as opposed to my horrible quality one
If it doesn't offend you, may I keep my version up so I can improve if I pick up a different series? (albeit with a real translator)
Sure, if you want. Makes no difference to me. Lord knows I didn't have the balls to keep my really early stuff up.

﹥someone posts MTL to remind people this exists so that it can be updated again
﹥TL gets reminded this exists and it gets updated again
﹥oh thank god FUCK that MTL guy

???
Sorry for not being overly enthusiastic about an MTL that was done while also expressly disclosing that they have 0 idea if what they actually put down was even correct; total shot in the dark off vibes. I think the bullet point generalizing is a little reductive in that regard about why someone could reasonably find fault in that. Like, level with me here a tad.

Was I too abrasive though in hindsight about it? Yeah, absolutely, which I apologize for.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ex-girlfriend drama? It's been so long that I don't remember them dating.

Seeing your ex be happy with someone else while you're miserable has to be rough but ya can't be salty if you didn't treat them right in the first place

Dex-chan lover
Ex-girlfriend drama? It's been so long that I don't remember them dating.

Seeing your ex be happy with someone else while you're miserable has to be rough but ya can't be salty if you didn't treat them right in the first place
Pretty sure nothing was ever said about them dating, I doubt it is the case really, I hope it is ex because it would be more interesting, for a while the series was mostly subtext, so it would be interesting if she actually already knew she was gay all along, since it's always about the protagonists falling in love with a girl for the first time.

Dex-chan lover
﹥someone posts MTL to remind people this exists so that it can be updated again
﹥TL gets reminded this exists and it gets updated again
﹥oh thank god FUCK that MTL guy

???
To be fair as far as we knew it was another shitty mtl sniper, we can't necessarily take what they say in credit pages at face value because many times it's lip service, it's only due to them posting and showing that yes, it was indeed made in good faith and he didn't have a shitty attitude that we saw this was one of the rare exceptions where the backlash was undeserving.

God Madoka knows we have a lot of precedent to expect the worst right away, so the exceptions tend to catch us off-guard.

Supporter
To be fair as far as we knew it was another shitty mtl sniper, we can't necessarily take what they say in credit pages at face value because many times it's lip service, it's only due to them posting and showing that yes, it was indeed made in good faith and he didn't have a shitty attitude that we saw this was one of the rare exceptions where the backlash was undeserving.
you can't really call a series that was left dead for 7 months sniped... the hell?

Dex-chan lover
you can't really call a series that was left dead for 7 months sniped... the hell?
Ok I expressed myself poorly, I meant that people assumed it was another one of those shitty mtl translators that only show up to release garbage and cause drama, fortunately it wasn't since we saw the dude is chill.

I guess I said mtl sniper out of habit since that's almost always the case, sorry for the misunderstanding :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
You can if no one contacted the previous translator to see what was up. This was all previously done by a single person and they had some life to attend to. I really don't get why so many people seem so entitled to the free effort of other people but then throw their passion for a project out the window when they have to wait a little bit.

Not saying it should never be picked up by someone else but damn at least talk to the people who were doing it before.

Just had another friend get snipe because she's going through a shitty time in her life and was unable to work on the one thing that had been giving her joy. Now it's gone. This work means something to some people.

Dex-chan lover
You can if no one contacted the previous translator to see what was up. This was all previously done by a single person and they had some life to attend to. I really don't get why so many people seem so entitled to the free effort of other people but then throw their passion for a project out the window when they have to wait a little bit.

Not saying it should never be picked up by someone else but damn at least talk to the people who were doing it before.

Just had another friend get snipe because she's going through a shitty time in her life and was unable to work on the one thing that had been giving her joy. Now it's gone. This work means something to some people.
People don't care and are ungrateful as fuck, just look at the circus they made out of My Dearest Nemesis, even though OLO was consistently uploading chapters without fault until now.

Users who are viewing this thread