My New Friend Wasn't What I Expected - Ch. 35

Dex-chan lover
Uh... Not sure if this is the end of the series or not. No announcement from the mangaka aside from the announcement about a book release so I'm a bit confused.
Especially with the title drop. I feel like it's the end or at least an end. No updates in a while since, while her other series continue to be updated. It's possible the pause was related to the book release but it's been a long pause by now and that chapter felt conclusive.

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter, and in the end they truly were just gals being pals...wait a sec when was she given a ring and shouldn't that be hyped up a bit more... like Hakari levels of hype.

Supporter
It did feel like the story arc wrapped up but like, I thought this was moving into romance territory and that would be the next/last arc. It's been building since early on when she said she would need to "find somebody else to talk about romance with" which implied she had a crush.

But they're wearing rings, on the ring finger at that. But they didn't even really elaborate on why they're wearing rings. I guess they just skipped over everything off-screen and they're together now? Great, yeah, that's uh... why though?

Can you imagine if you got to the end of the Android Saga and they off-screened Cell? That's what these kinds of series feel like.

Edit: Somebody pointed out that the matching rings are from when Yuzu got sick. Yuzu put it on her ring finger not knowing what it meant. So like... are they even together? Idk, looking bleak.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This feels like a bookend, though maybe this is the moment where they are finally opening up to each other and it’ll inevitably become romantic.

Supporter
wait a sec when was she given a ring and shouldn't that be hyped up a bit more... like Hakari levels of hype.
I think it was back about 10 chapters ago, when they had their falling out and Yuzu got sick. Hina went to see her and gave her a ring.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Normally I'd be pissed if it ended here, but honestly? I'm not sure I feel much of anything, because except for a one shot does any of this mangaka yuri ever actually got anywhere?

All her works are slow burns that so far got nowhere, to the point it makes me wonder if they will ever get somewhere at all :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure that's just a handkerchief she put on her head and pretended was a hat.
No I'm pretty sure It's baby's hat

Well your description is right too 😂

I'm still baffled that mangaka didn't made her wear a normal cute summer straw hat

Users who are viewing this thread