My New Wife Is Forcing Herself to Smile - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
... Does that mean he's a bottom?? Coughcough
Many thanms

can't wait for the day he discovers/realizes just how much his wife loves him 😂

Group Leader
God freaking bless you people for picking this up. Holy shit. So much adorable in one place I can't. //dead

Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
Sadly, by letting the ruffians go, he's likely waived his kiri-sute gomen/uchi-sute, his samurai privilege of cutting down peasants (or those otherwise of lower social rank) who have dishonored him.

On a related note, if I remember my collegiate Japanese history course... while the tradition had much waned by the Edo period, but in the Warring States period, a married lady of the samurai class was often considered the castellan/chief retainer in her hubbie's absence/while he was out campaigning, thus it was right and proper for her to be trained in a martial art so as to better organize the defense of the home. Thus, Chiyo fits right in with her training.
(The naginata, being a polearm, was typically seen as an appropriate weapon to compensate for the typically-lesser physical strength of a lady, as was the bow.)
tl;dr: Chiyo is best wife and Soujirou lucked out big time on his arranged marriage.

Dex-chan lover
@Daviot

But they also have katanas, meaning they were likely at the very least rich enough to own such sword. Unlikely that they were peasants.

Group Leader
@Daviot @Adebeus
Those guys weren't peasants, they were also samurai, you can see them wearing swords.

Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
Yup; they might be have been lower-ranked samurai (given their respect for Soujirou once they recognize him), in which case it'd have been allowed and the ruffians would have been legally allowed to defend themselves against him. In any case, he would have had to done it in the moment, had a legal witness, and then report the slaying to a government office, lest it be seen as murder or insurrection.

I thought of the practice because the ruffians refer to our hubbie as a "single strike swordmaster", and the practice was limited to a single sword blow against the offending party. ^_^;

You will never make a girl feel like this.
0p1gqp.png

Happy Valentines Day!

Users who are viewing this thread