My New Wife Is Forcing Herself to Smile - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Power Uploader
"That would be me."?

it_was_i.png

Verily, how bourgeois.

Dex-chan lover
Good for you, Chiyo.

Fortunately, her husband is a caring musclehead who respects strong women and loves his she-wolf wife. I feel like Silk Hiding Steel was prevalent as a value even in Imperial Japan though.

It's not totally surprising the dudes' unsurprised. There were lots of women who were expected to be formally trained in both hand to hand combat as well as Naginatas (Japanese spears, simply put), ironically enough, to be able to protect their households while their Samurai husbands went out to fight....

Dex-chan lover
Test a blade on them ? You mean that practice were a samurai would just slash at random peasents to check if the blade cut through flesh satisfactorily ?

Sure why not.

I have the image in my head of the husband just flash stepping into the scene like he was from Bleach the moment his wife was being shit-talked

Double-page supporter
@JustCallMeDaBoss

That never actually really happened. They had laws and all that to prevent that sort of thing. You might be confused due to the fact there's a law about samurai being allowed to cut down commoners if they besmirched their honour. But that whole thing is actually more like a duel anyway, and a samurai could only have one of the "duels" with a peasant if their honour was so severely and blatantly in danger from whatever the peasant did, additionally, they had to have witnesses, and after the fact they were detained for around 20 days or so as the police investigated, and then if the case for the samurai fighting the peasant wasn't watertight, he'd have to commit seppuku and his clan would be punished too. Their system was actually weighted against the Samurai too because they didn't want the Samurai abusing their power.

Aggregator gang
@Kaigamer Seriously wonder who spread that falsehood around... Only time I've heard of them "testing a blade" was on condemned prisoners who were going to die anyway.

Dex-chan lover
lol that is the most guy thing ever. "Too busy plotting to notice girls' feelings." lmao

Don't bang, just fluff.

Aggregator gang
I think this whole comic is gonna be about him being clueless so I'm gonna stop right here. I would love if there would be a scene like "Listen... Are you disatisfied with me? Does our marriage bother you?" at some point, it would give them a chance for development but these 5 chapters made me think no such thing will happen.

Aggregator gang
Get yourself a wife who loves you as much as Chiyo loves Soujirou.

Get yourself a husband who cares about you as much as Soujirou cares for Chiyo.

Users who are viewing this thread