My New Wife Is Forcing Herself to Smile - Vol. 2 Ch. 23

Hahahah omg, this is huuuuuuge progress. They might actually have a legit conversation after a couple of moneths... maybe in a few weeks at least HAHA🤣

Finally, maybe. As they say around here, "light dawns over Marblehead"
https://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_origin_of_the_phrase_light_dawns_over_marble_head

Double-page supporter
That guy bought to ready to risk it all and swing both ways

...Isn't that a hakama? Or does that count as a kimono, too?

But, BEHOLD!!! He put his arm around her shoulders!!!! Slowly but surely we're getting somewhere!!! (tho, who knows the destination 🤣🤣)

Dex-chan lover
@Miyono-chan happi is summer overcoat, traditionally worn by men. (but it has no length what so ever) it's the one that you see during the festival episode. hakama is a pants layer, usually made out of a thick fabric and- ummm... is usually just underwear underneath. it's suppose to be loose fitting to not restrict posture, usually for archery or kendo.
kimono can just refer to a patterned overcoat, which is how it's being used in this chapter. but it looks more like the modern kimono where it's just worn as an overcoat; without the other flair such as a sash, hair pins, etc. the full kimono is usually used for traditional reasons as well as costumes.
I'm not sure why the author specifically draws it like that (but I'm unaware if the modern movement is just a replication of past designs. and the author is just representing it during the appropriate time period).
kimono is just specifically an overcoat with long sleeves that aren't as long as furisodes (sleeves the drape far enough to touch the ankles), or tube sleeves. kimono can be worn by either gender. sometimes they seem shorter because the sash and the skirt is tied up that high. very much like the high waist of a certain European period

Dex-chan lover
They are going to have beautiful children

This chapter felt good

Double-page supporter
One minor critique (but I'm getting this for free so I don't really care), it's kind of weird how Chiyo always calls him "Dear Husband". The translation is probably correct, but I think it would flow better if it just said My Husband.

Users who are viewing this thread