My Roommate Isn't From This World

Fed-Kun's army
Why did they turn the MC into a wannabe rapist? I don't see the appeal.

Why did they turn the MC into a wannabe rapist? I don't see the appeal.
Agreed. In the original he was a harmless perv, and mostly just to the ghost girls.
It also seems like the ghost girl is more of an afterthought than the main focus of the story.

Last edited:
holy shit mc actively tries to rape someone in the 3rd chapter. that feels like it need some sorta warning.

Dex-chan lover
My conclusion after reading 7 chapters is that we're not really supposed to try to relate to the MC, but rather view him as a kind of sociopath, another monstrosity in this surreal horror setting. He always has this unnerving blank look with Ken doll eyes no matter what happens, and seems to feel absolutely no remorse at the idea of committing sexual assault. If you go into this expecting a cute romcom, you'll be disappointed. Think of this as more of a black comedy/horror story, and at least I find it a bit more digestible.

In my opinion, the pre-serialized version was much better (as of now). It's no longer about the ghost girl, and the main character is just horny

Dex-chan lover
It’s hard to laugh at the comedy when the mc is more Overlord and less Dropkick on my Devil :(

Users who are viewing this thread