My Secretly Hot Husband

@MiserableSOUL
When did she tell him he was handsome? I've only read the prologue so far and she said that she's slowly getting used to his unsightly looks. She just lets him think that even though he's so unsightly/ugly she's still going to be with him anyways because she's just too nice. That's awful. And on top of that, she wants to spread rumors of his cruelty to lawyers so that they won't divorce. Just all around disgusting abusive behavior.

The prologue alone gets a 1-star from me. That's the first time I ever gave a 1-star to something.

I love this story! I didn't realize there was a webtoon adaptation, the art is so nice! Also, he's so adorable, what a shy boy 😭

Also @penguinslovesnow he's cursed to think his face is hideous, he's not gonna believe it if she says that he's actually beautiful. In the novel it didn't mention her spreading rumors, just burning the divorce papers, if you'd rather read that instead.

And I assume eventually the curse will be broken later on in the story and he'll realize that he's not actually ugly, given how stories go.

@Sugarblob he's 3 years older than her. They meet when she's 12 and he's 15.

@theliongirl
Thank you for informing me but it would have been better if she didn't give up on telling him that he's handsome. Even if he's cursed, she should at every turn tell him how wonderful and handsome he is. That even if he doesn't think so now, she'll say it as many times as she needs to until there comes a day where he believes it (aka the day the curse is broken). And when it does get broken, he can look back on all the days when she would encourage him and that'll just make their love that much more sweet. Instead we get a prologue with her just going along with the self-derision while fangirling/drooling about his beauty in her head... ugh.

And who's bright idea was it to add in her wanting to spread false rumors of her husband being cruel to prevent a divorce when it apparently WASN'T in the novel from what you're telling me... wth?? Ruin his reputation on top of what people already think of him. The delivery of the prologue is godawful.

I don't think I'll be able to divorce my feelings of disgust while going into the novel because the webtoon prologue was that bad...

Edit: I just want to ask, does she at least attempt to get others to see the ML in a different light? Try to tell them that they're wrong about them or does she continue to let them live with their misconception of him? Because if she doesn't, it'll just look like she's trying to monopolize him...

Artist's Twitter(At least i think it is): https://twitter.com/hhararahh
Artist's Insta: https://www.instagram.com/hhararahh/

I think this story would be better without the whole reincarnation-thing. It doesn't need that. MC behaves like child which isn't such a bad thing itself, but I think it would be cuter if she actually were one. While i'm having in mind that she was an adult (or at least teenager) in her past life and she had quite painful and traumatic death, her behavior seems odd and unnatural (especially that it isn't an act)

Me look at mirror: wow i am pretty good
Mirror: u look ugly
MCs: I look hideous
Mirror: plz marry me

Maybe it's all psychological trauma or what not? That's why he thinks he's ugly... There's also a possibility that someone cursed him (and everyone) to see that hideous form (which might not be true at all) and our FL was the only one not affected coz she reincarnated? 🤔

I want more, would be nice if we didn't know he was "hot" in the first place but this is good nontheless

@theliongirl yah they say it in the most recent update but still looks too young in comparison. I’m not going to stop reading tho so don’t worry. Just eagerly awaiting a time skip so I don’t have to look at the child’s face any longer 😔

Users who are viewing this thread