My Six Suggestions.

Since I'm too lazy to make multiple threads, I've just thrown all the suggestions I've come up with while using MD in this thread. I've also thrown some of my old suggestions that I liked.

Suggestion 1: Multiple Inclusion/Exclusion Modes For Searching

Being able to search with multiple inclusion/exclusion modes can create more specific searches without adding more tags. This can also allows users to sift through titles without making multiple searches.

Example: Inclusion - (Fantasy AND Romance) OR (Isekai AND Romance) OR (Reincarnation AND Romance) OR (Historical AND Romance)

This creates a search that shows romances in a medieval setting by only searching for romance titles with Fantasy, Isekai, Reincarnation and Historical.

Another example:
Inclusion- (Action AND Post-Apocalyptic) OR (Romance AND Post-Apocalyptic) OR (Zombies AND Post-Apocalyptic)
Exclusion- (Zombies AND Drama) OR (Zombies AND Mystery)

This search will only allow Post-Apocalyptic searches with Action and Romance without removing searches with only action or romance. This also removes Zombies series with Drama and Mystery but allowing any other Zombies series.

Just a reminder on how AND & OR works:
The AND shows series with selected genres (Fantasy AND Romance = Series mush have Fantasy & Romance tags present)
The OR will show series for both of the selected genres (Fantasy OR Romance = Shows every series that has Fantasy and Romance tag)

Suggestion 2: Fixing Search for Titles With Diacritics and Symbols

Titles with diacritics and/or symbols don't show up even though the main title does have it. You could copy and paste the main title and still not come up with anything.

Here are examples of titles that has this problem:
Even Though I’m a Former Noble and a Single Mother, My Daughters Are Too Cute and Working as an Adventurer Isn’t Too Much of a Hassle
How to Make a "Girl" Fall in Love
Living as an Emperor's Fiancée
A Stepmother's Märchen
Biyaku Café
His Majesty Discovered I’m a Woman!

It seems this problem also occurs with alternate titles.

Examples:
Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita

Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha has an alt title of "I Was Kicked out of the Hero’s Party Because I Wasn’t a True Companion so I Decided to Have a Slow Life at the Frontier", and again, copy-pasting it will not show any results.

Titles with Alt Title Problems:
Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita
Jishou Akuyaku Reijou na Konyakusha no Kansatsu Kiroku
Maou no Musume wa Yasashi Sugiru!!
The Population Of The Frontier Owner Starts With 0. "Dias The Blue" And A Blue Horned Girl.

Suggestion 3: Fixing Incorrect Missing Chapters.
Solution 1: Allow Users to Add/Remove From Missing Chapter List to Remove Incorrect Missing Chapters

Now that chapters are released in multiple parts, Its become a common problem that said chapters get listed into the Missing Chapters tab. I know that "Improve missing chapters tab behavior" is in the planned features but I don't think you can predict how a team will release their chapter.

Example: The Unsuccessful Yet Academically Unparalleled Sage ~A Cheating S-Rank Sorcerer's Post-Rebirth Adventurer Log~
Missing Chapters:
vLfXm28.png

Actual Chapters:
1jMgCJF.png

Solution 2: A Guideline to Uploading Chapters with Parts

By naming part one as: chapter (x) and not (x.1), eliminates the problem of incorrect missing chapters. Having people upload sectioned chapters like this in a guideline may solve incorrect missing chapters.

Example: Futago no Ane ga Miko Toshite Hikitorarete, Watashi wa Suterareta Kedo Tabun Watashi ga Miko de Aru
xLt59PA.png

Suggestion 4: Adding Banned/Removed Titles for Tracking (Can already be achieved)

There are titles such as: The Secret Daddy and The Icy Ceo And The Substitute Bride which are not listed in MD(I think). While the chapters cannot be uploaded here can we have a page for it with a link to the official releases?.

Just to make it easier for people like me who are trying to fully migrate to MD.

Suggestion 5: Remove the "0" Automatically When Editing Reading Progress
Zy2AC2k.png

A small pet peeve of mine, but I find it annoying when I edit my reading progress just to end up with 0xy or xy0. xy=Number

And yes, I'm too lazy to press backspace.

Suggestion 6: Show More in History

Show comments made, threads made, and maybe even picking groups and showing the group's release history in https://mangadex.org/history.

Here's an example I made:
cO0K2l1.png

Suggestion 7: Separate Child/Main Boards For Finding Titles and/or Recommendations

I find that the Manga board is always flooded with recommendations and manga identifications, making finding actual discussions about manga titles hard. That said though I don't really find too many actual discussions so I'm unsure about this.

Edit----> Added Pics, Links, New Suggestion, Added New Findings With Suggestion 2 and Crossed Suggestion 4.
Edit 2-> Changed Suggestion 3 to "Fixing Incorrect Missing Chapters", added solutions, spaced a bit more for readability and more images.
Edit 3-> Added an example for suggestion 6 (History)

Dex-chan lover
@KMoore
4. Just need somebody to create them, I believe. There are plenty that has no chapters. You can create them too. Homepage > Manga > Add.

5. Double click inside the box to highlight all?

6. Group release history. You mean this? https://mangadex.org/group/1 Under the chapters tab?

@AbyssalMonkey
1. I want this so baddddddd.

2. btw I learned the word "Diacritics" from you. 😀

3. That's a shame, I usually go to the missing chapter page before reading a title. It's pretty much a useless tab right now for a lot of newer titles.

4. I didn't know people can just create pages. Thanks.

5. I added an image, I don't know why I didn't describe it and just typed a bunch of small talk. XD

@Phoenix_eD
4. I didn't know about that, thanks.

5. Too lazy.... but joking aside it's a small quality of life stuff. I can live with or without it.

6. I meant this: https://mangadex.org/history. I added a link to it. Thanks 😀

I like your #2 suggestion. The Symbols in the title being ignored issue is really annoying.

The rest, not so much.

I just saw the solution for incorrect missing chapters (suggestion 3).

here:
xLt59PA.png

By making part one just be chapter (x) and not (x.1), it eliminates the problem of incorrect missing chapters. Hopefully more people would do this.

Users who are viewing this thread