My Wife Is a Demon Queen - Ch. 192

I Somewhat agree with some of the earlier posts as to their feelings about Rennes. To me he was a total scumbag Who tried to kill Xiang Yi over his pride being wounded and to steal his wife, and his current status is the end result brought about by his own undoing.

But if Xiang Yi had continued to sit back and watch the two rotten tomato princes continue to brutalize someone who did not have the capability to fight back, to me he would only have made himself look just as bad as the ones who were inflicting the harm! And one thing I’d like to add to his quote: “An Eye for an eye soon leaves the whole world blind.”, meaning that if everyone went out and tried to take revenge for every wrong that was done to them, soon they would not be in a position to do anything... Just like Rennes isn’t able to now! What really angers me is that these two tomato princes are getting angry at Xiang Yi for intervening when they had also tried to kill Xiang Yi and his wife as well… TWICE! (And that is only if you don’t count the forest fire that the princes set during the obstacle course as being the THIRD!) But even after nearly losing their own completely narcissistic lives, they haven’t changed their ways at all! They still don’t get the concept of ‘Noblesse Oblige’(A nobleman’s obligation) that they are supposed to use their position and power to protect those that don’t have it. But Instead they preferred to use their position, power and strength to bully those beneath them!

(From the movie “Braveheart”): “There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.“ - William Wallace

But who knows? This may also be part of the price for Rennes’ redemption… But only if Rennes can see and accept the fact that what he tried to do was completely wrong and is ready to change himself for the better. I can tell by the look in his eyes in this chapter that Rennes still holds anger toward Xiang Yi, but in the next few chapters, they may end up hashing it out And bringing this argument and rivalry to a close.

Users who are viewing this thread