My Wife Is a Demon Queen - Ch. 236

Hmm kinda feel bad for the prince. I know its a Chinese thing but MC that are just by default 'better' then everyone else annoy me. It worked better early one because the MC was at somewhat of a disadvantage vs others due to not having boundary force and he had to make up for it by being more clever with his inventions and having the knowledge of a more tech advanced civilization. This is just him overpowering someone straight up.

Dex-chan lover
Art improvement for the chapters are great, but it's wasted on this shitty dwarf.

Dex-chan lover
@Firstonetolive
It's fair here in the dwarf kingdom though. MC being potentially stronger than the dwarves was forshadowed hundreds of chapters ago. He's more educated than the people in this world as well. The 500 people power level is meaningless here because of it.

It's like comparing 500 Super computers from the 60s vs one average PC today.
It's not fair comparison.

It'll get better in later chapters, especially when he's caught up to the prologue/intro chapter.

@Firstonetolive There's also the fact that he's using a Pale Moon Stone, so he basically has no forging limit again, it's all a matter of how creative he can get with it.

TTX

@Firstonetolive
I know its a Chinese thing but MC that are just by default 'better' then everyone else annoy me.
what?? MC is weak AF without preparation & Pale Moon Stone, in most battle he is more luck (or has plot armor) than 'better'

I... don't understand the message the author tried to convey, was it just a setup to cool scene showing how mc is powerful?

Like throughout the previous chapters we were told about how everyone said the prince was going to be a helper. While they didn't say it explicitly (or did, doN't remember exactly), they alluded that the prince was "talentless" (wrt mental strength) which caused the guy to resent everyone. I thought the attitude of judging things by "talentedness" was being criticized?
What confuses me now is that the mc is just saying "unskilled people stay like that." Then what was the critique? What, the prince didn't try hard enough to raise his mental strength? He didn't try hard enough to be skilled at the many jobs he tried tirelessly to master? He was unskilled?
What the hell was the point of all that buildup? Showing us his reasoning for his resentment? If you're just going to backtrack immediately, then what was the point?

Is this a china thing? I feel like I've seen this kind of logic almost entirely in chinese and korean manhwa, where the mc is oh so skilled compared to everyone else.
Now that I think back, I think this logic and plot-progression was why I've started avoiding martial art manhwa (among other infuriating cliches).

Users who are viewing this thread