Mysterious Girlfriend X

it was good at start, middle, and since the author didnt find any logic anymore, crappy ending.

Dex-chan lover
It did kind of trail off, and it got kind of repetitive . . . but overall, I liked it anyway.

Group Leader
This manga was a mixed bag of really great, individual, stand-alone chapters, really stupid, idiotic stand-alone chapters, and utter crap, long, boring, drawn-out arcs (and I do mean long and boring). Probably the best thing about this manga is the resultant anime. Whereas I can't really recommend the manga because of its inherent flaws, the anime, on the other hand, I whole-heartedly recommend viewing as it might just be the very best manga-to-anime adaption that I've seen.

Another series with great chapters marred by a crap ending.

One of those examples of the author refusing to move the plot forward or take it to its conclusion but still wanting to stretch the series as much as possible.

I still enjoyed it, but like School Rumble it doesnt really have an ending.

It was good till it ended, but it’s still worth a read. It’s unique in its own way.

Not that the ending would've been salvaged if it did this but it still would've been infinitely better if

they kissed. You can't drag out the ending for so long and not let them kiss. The reasoning wasn't very compelling either.

Dex-chan lover
another author that insists on NTR baiting the main cast
really, the story is great, but the amount of chapters where 'girl x' tries to come in between MMC and FMC is just absurd
it reminds me of Pastel, where they can't tell others about their relationship for the sole purpose of maintaining the plot devices intact
if they were openly dating half the episodes 'predicaments' wouldn't have happened in the first place

this gets a 3/10
it's really sad to see a manga with great potential and great art turn into meaningless drama and NTRbait
but now seeing that this is the same author that did the manga about the dude wanting to fuck his mom...

So, I've just finished reading this manga. It was.. good. Really, I enjoyed it, I came to like the characters I've spent 90 chapters with, and it all began to be really emotional to me. But closer to the last chapters, it starts to feel even more weird than the beginning. It's like the author doesn't know anymore what he's started from and what he is coming to.

This ending sure puts quite the stain on the impression from this work, but I still feel nice about that I've read it. Just going to give it a 7 instead of 9 on MAL, that's it.

I recommend reading the rest or perhaps the whole story on k i s s m a n g a since the translators here haven’t added the whole volume yet (I think). Overall it’s a weird but interesting story with likable characters. If you like this then you should read his other manga, Ookumo-Chan flashback

Dex-chan lover
I was okay with the ending, even though it kind of... didn't end.

Actually would've liked to see a little timeskip where they got married or something.

And we never really learned anything about Urabe's life. Never even saw her parents.

Reflecting on it now actually made me a bit disappointed.

I'm dropping this shit after the idol arc. Idol culture is a cancer and that cancer infected the story I was enjoying!

And I'm so fucking glad I decided to read the comments so I don't waste time reading until the end.

This manga started saying they were going to fuck eventually, but by the end they don't even kiss?

Fuck that shit. I'm out 3/10

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Good, but doesnt have an ending, not even a kiss, its just... nothing, fine read overall but read at your own peril.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Man, when I first discovered this manga, I really liked the premise and the art style. The slow updates over its run and lackluster ending really cooled that off 😔
Hope it brings some closure at least, haha.

-Bloodkay

Users who are viewing this thread