Nana to Kaoru: Last Year - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - The Choice is Yours

Double-page supporter
the convenient meet at the airport is a bit to convenient, but beside that ... this manga deliver.

Someone needs to grab that ‘50 Shades’ writer by the collar and force-feed them this as an example of how a proper D/s relationship really looks.

Nana to Kaoru is still one of the only seinen/adult manga that gives me that shortness of breath feeling. so hot and so cute, great story.
at this point they're pretty much a couple minus the whole asking each other out stuff. i'm just here for the ride and hope the epilogue is dope af.

@shrike
Because the ultimate truth about BDSM is that it IS wholesome. The core of BDSM is trust, between the Dom and the Sub.
The Sub is trusting their entire self to their Dom, putting themselves completely at the Dom's mercy, trusting that they will keep them safe and unharmed through the whole experience.
In turn, the Dom is trusting the Sub to let them know if they ever step an inch out of line, breaking the entire illusion with a single word, and forgive them if they should.

The Master is the Slave and the Slave is the Master. Around and around the powerplay spins until an equal trust and understanding is reached.

I just love them. The BDSM is sexy and exciting, but I love THEM. Their personal growth and the development of their relationship is the best thing about this series. UGHHHH NEVER END! I'd read a Nana to Kaoru the Golden years when they're old and wrinkly LOL

I just wanted to check if the translators (awesome job on the latest chapter!) had decided to skip the last chapter? I know the numbering is weird, but looking at the "volume" number on the last or second to last pages of each chapter, it seems that it went from vol.10 (future is by your side) to vol.12 (the choice is yours). Looking at some raws I saw posted a while back, there is a vol.11 in between the two. However, it looks like it's focused on Tachi, so maybe it was decided to skip this for now?

@manga4joe
I believe that the numbering listed on the last page is actually referring to the issue of Harem that it was published in. It says "ハレム Vol. 9 収録", meaning "Harem Vol.9" and the last word I get a definition for of "recording; compilation" which makes sense in context but doesn't translate easily and probably is being used in a common way that I'm just unfamiliar with . Even in the raws the title page will show a different Chapter number. This also gets a little weird as Chapters 9 and 10 (in raws, Ch. 10 "I Want You" and Ch. 7 "The Two Alone, at the School at Night" here) both list Vol. 8. Presumably they were both published in Harem #8. That matches what I was able to look up in the contents page for Harem Vol. 8 where it states NtK being on both pages 57 and 87 and labeled as "2本立て", roughly "double feature".

But you're right. There was originally another Tachi-focused chapter in between "Future Is By Your Side" and "The Choice Is Yours". In the original release it was Chapter 13 with "Future" as 12 and "Choice" as 14. While my Japanese isn't very good, the title of that was ""気持ちいいから", and based on my reading and the Vol. 3 Contents page posted with Chapter 13, that's "Because It Feels Good" which is collected as Chapter 16. Based on the titles it looks like Volume 3 changes it up to: 14, 18, 17, 13, 15, 16 in the original publication order. Considering the content of the chapters it seems likely that the titles were simply swapped for 17 and 18 because they directly follow one another, so switching their order around wouldn't make any sense.

So no worries. Nothing was being skipped over. Just the usual shuffling of chapters for the collections and irregularities in the publishing. It's just a reference to what volume of the magazine it was originally featured in.

Users who are viewing this thread