Nana to Kaoru: Last Year - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Rubber, Nudity, Dom and Sub

Another chapter so soon!?!?!? Thank you, Raptor Scans, for bringing me my favorite manga ever. I love you.

How they are not screwing with each other after the breather is beyond me.

Especialy as horny teenagers

Dex-chan lover
Oh... i finally remembered this manga.
I've just gone to the latest chapter just to see if there was some progression in their relationship. Of course not.
This manga is a punching bag filled with dead horses.

Man, I swear, everytime I read a new chapter, and see them together like this, my heart races a lot and I internally start blushing.

Dex-chan lover
Whoa.

Side note, for other 'second skin' type fanservice, the webcomic Empowered has you covered (or not).

@DjAlexDubCheck
No, it's a western comic made by an oldschool weeb, Adam Warren.
Dude's been fairly well known since the 90's at least when he was writing and sometimes drawing Gen13 for Wildstorm.
Also made a Dirty Pair comic.

@The_H_Guy
Then you clearly need to read more than just the latest chapter, they're just about ready to confess to each other.
Nana's admitted her feelings, and actually kissed him recently, and Kaoru's doing his damndest to be able to stand beside her, studying to get into the same university as her.

Dex-chan lover
@Xer0sama
So Nana's pointless confession is basically the only difference. Their feelings for each other should have been clear from "black label" already.

Edit: for some reason i confused Nana with the other girl...
Still a pointless confession cause they still do the same thing and cause as already said their feelings for each other should be very clear from a long time.

@The_H_Guy

Let's not ignore how Nana intentionally chose not to wear panties during their suspension scene in Black Label. She spent a good amount of time thinking about it and decided that she really wanted to show off to Kaoru... who of course chooses not to look because of... reasons. 🙄

I think it still delivers and, though incredibly slow, there is forward progress happening in the relationship, but they need to stop teasing things at such a clearly sexual level without ever being able to talk about or acknowledge them.

At the same time, it is really nice to see this chapter taking some time to focus on the dominant/submissive aspects as well. How this scene is dipping further into power exchange: making Nana explicitly ask for it, not giving her an easy excuse out of why she's doing as she's told. That's some powerful, sexy stuff to play around with and they haven't really done much of it. She's almost always been able to fall back on something while only secretly (and sometimes even a little hesitantly) acknowledging how much she liked it to herself. With Kaoru also using that as a crutch for how she didn't really have a choice and wasn't really as into him, their relationship, and their d/s dynamic as it appeared. So while it's subtle, it's actually kind of a big deal. One more tiny step out of their crushing, constant self-doubt.

Regarding the chapter numbering/order, the TL notes mention it briefly, but they shuffled around the order from publication for the collected versions. Originally there was a single Tachibana-focused chapter in between Nana sending the videos and Karou coming home. Then two chapters that directly set up later developments with before jumping back in time a bit for this chapter as part of a two chapter set awkwardly stuck in between. So the collected version pushed this back to where it appears chronologically, then giving us the Tachibana interlude (which doesn't even include Nana or Kaoru) before launching into the new plot line. In the end it means that the ordering became (using the original chapter numbers): 12, 14, 17, 18, 13, 15, 16. Even though chapter 24 has been published it looks like Raptor are only using the collections, so we'll have to wait for at least another tankoban just to get up to the present. Although hopefully it won't be too long. Still a shame that we're a solid year behind what's been released. Especially since it's all digital.

Users who are viewing this thread