Nana to Kaoru: Last Year

I was expecting the
NTR
, as this author usually uses this to spice every single one of his mangas. it will end up with
kaoru winning nana back or something
but is still very unpleasant. its basically why the first run nana to kaoru bombed in japan after the final arc. you can search 5ch comments about that arc, it will make sense.
now, Im not against this type of things, if they're handled very good, as his manga about the voyeur guy. that manga had that element too, was indeed unpleasant, but it made sense as the plot was around that. i liked it.
There's literally no reason to include this shit so far in the manga, specially when bondage/sm its so important for their relationship. i still find it cheap and unnecessary, and prolly the same thing that happened in the first manga series will happen here.
No mercy for authors that use
NTR
bait. they aren't even ballsy enough to go all the way.

Group Leader
Nana to Kaoru was, unironically, an amazing rom-com with a realistic and fair look into the S&M world. Black Label was pretty much a perfect followup, and conclusion to the relationship between the 2 main characters (can't remember their names). So what in God's name is this.
Don't get me wrong, I thought I would love seeing more of this amazing series, but Last Year just completely swept the developments in Black Label under the rug and replaced it with a disappointing storyline. It especially did the S&M author character dirty, making him do the one thing pretty much anyone who has practiced S&M should ALWAYS follow which was ignore the safe word, among other things. Also, the art funnily enough lost its unique charm by being more clean and sharper.
Overall, just read the original Nana to Kaoru, Black Label and the first 16 chapters + last chapter of Last Year, for the best reading experience of this series

I loved this. one of my all time fave series. However I do agree one thing only from this post and that’s how the handled when a safe word was ignored. I get wha the motivation of the character was for doing that in that in that scene but that was bad writing. The author could have handled that SO much better. That scene could have carried so much emotional weight and could have been a defining moment for those involved but it just didn’t hit. No pun intended. Anyways I couldn’t be happier with the overall conclusion of the series. I don’t buy hard copy manga other than my absolute favorites which so far is just berserk. However this series I will buy in full one day. Yes the writing flops sometimes and I think it had potential that it didn’t reach Because of it, but man for Some reason this series had a little something special.
Nana to Kaoru was, unironically, an amazing rom-com with a realistic and fair look into the S&M world. Black Label was pretty much a perfect followup, and conclusion to the relationship between the 2 main characters (can't remember their names). So what in God's name is this.
Don't get me wrong, I thought I would love seeing more of this amazing series, but Last Year just completely swept the developments in Black Label under the rug and replaced it with a disappointing storyline. It especially did the S&M author character dirty, making him do the one thing pretty much anyone who has practiced S&M should ALWAYS follow which was ignore the safe word, among other things. Also, the art funnily enough lost its unique charm by being more clean and sharper.
Overall, just read the original Nana to Kaoru, Black Label and the first 16 chapters + last chapter of Last Year, for the best reading experience of this series

Dex-chan lover
Oh, it's finally over...
The original manga already milked this to the limit. Arashi exausted everything that remained to be told. This was just the beating of a long dead horse.

I got to say that the author really stretched the "I'm not worthy, she's out of my league" narrative too much to the point it was very tiring to keep reading it over and over on many chapters, it was repetitive in the original manga and it was certainly even more repetitive here. I wish the author spend more time actually developing the couple relationship instead of insisting with those fillers about Tachi. I also really hated the "almost" NTR bullshit being put again in a final arc, it was the biggest disappoint in the original manga, and this time it went unacceptably and disrespectfully far for the reason people mentioned in other comments.
Still, I'm happy this time the author decided to actually finish the manga with an actual (and good) ending. Even though I think this manga is far from being a masterpiece it made me feel a lot of pleasant and unpleasant feelings. In my opinion if something can give you a rollercoaster of feelings while still making you feel good, then it cannot be that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread