Nanatsu no Taizai - Vol. 39 Ch. 327.1 - Seven Deadly Sins Gaiden: The King Sings Lonely

These power scale are really messed up, meliodas was with his power sealed at this point in time right ? And escanor won against Meliodas when Meliodas was trying to kill him, i'm really confuse right now

Dex-chan lover
@Miguelco I think it's a two part answer
-First: Meliodas beat Escanor when he is still a mere teenager and only know how to throw a punch with his pure brute strength while Meliodas has 3000 years of exp - Later Escanor beated Meliodas when Meliodas is in a mindless state
-Second: While their "total" power level can be different, just their physical, mental or magic point can be similar,so 2 people of 50k physical can still fight each other, but the one with higher magic/mental will more likely to win, there is still element of pairing, magicial attribute, unique skills ... Like when Merlin beats the two elder demons

Dex-chan lover
@Miguelco at this time during this chapter was before they were framed. Escanor at this time wanted to die. At that time when they fought each other during the present time, Escanor was holding back a bit, by the looks of it. Mel, was also toying with him.

Dex-chan lover
While I'm glad to finally know what happened... I can't help but feel like compared to the rest of the backstories ... This is by far the most bland, also, there was absolute no reason to push it to the very end of the manga! I guess if Escanor actually dies in this battle, it adds some emotional punch, but if not... then is just like "oh, so that's what happened...ok"

The previous backstories of each sin were interconnected tragically, magically and romantically or they revealed very important history elements... This was more like "Yeah we find this guy so now he will join us"

Aggregator gang
I think it's ok for Escanor to die so he could meet Rosa again. This also explains why Meriln doesn't give him an answer because she knows the only reason why he likes her because he sees Rosa in her.

Dex-chan lover
He lost to past Meliodas, but can fight with demon king now????
I feel like, at this point, this manga strength scale is not the case anymore. It'll be the 'Determination' and 'Aspiration' only.
(Well, at least it not 'Friendship' like tons of manga)

Dex-chan lover
Its not escanors's the one,
And mel power is sealed after they are branded traitors.

Mel demon form is the same with evil-mel.

Dex-chan lover
IMO: Yeah Escanor probably should've won - reasons being that Melodias didn't have full control over his powers - remember how he had to do a training arc with the Druids prior to fighting the Commandments? I 'member. So it doesn't make much sense to me how he was able to assume his full power form with no repercussions. I guess Nakaba keeps forgetting what he was and wasn't able to do at certain periods of time. Maybe Melodias simply took Escanor by surprise, but if that was the case it could've been better if Escanor had a deep rooted fear of demons so that it would've felt reasonable for him to be hesitating even briefly and getting KO'd.

To me the series peaked when they were forced to save a kidnapped Elizabeth. The end of that arc was pretty... bad - but the build up for the arc and a majority of the arc was 10/10
Problems started arising afterwards - characters acting weird. Strange direction and choices. Inclusion of power levels, training arcs, long ass flashbacks, lack of a traitor in the 7DS, fucking Gowther mindhacks causing Aizen plot points because 'lul memory wipe', etc etc
Let's also not forget how the main villain - the guy who's been fighting for the last fucking 60 someodd chapters - the Demon King, is entirely lackluster. Which he's also the main villain for the ENTIRE second half of the manga after Hendrickson, and the ball is dropped immediately with him. We have no real motivations or anything. I just don't care about this character. And hell most of the Commandments were the same way.
It also didn't help that the 7DS started to also slowly get drug through the mud, with pretty lackluster backstories. I think we got spoiled by having Ban's so early on that we expected crazy shit out of the rest of them, but then everything that comes afterwards just feels subpar in comparison. We also had Nakaba have every fight come into pure fighting. Why introduce these wonky Commandment rules if every time it just comes down to beating the shit out of each other.

Dex-chan lover
Is power scaling really that important in this manga? I mean, at this point it doesn't seem to matter that much anymore.

dont forget that 3000 year ago the assault mode was the base form of meliodas his anger dont affect that, just make it uncontrollable, and rememmber 20 years old escanor lacks experience in fighting so he fought just with punches

Users who are viewing this thread