Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!? - Vol. 7 Ch. 65 - I Love You

@Crookshanks @beperov My take is that well, the current MC is quite literally the future hope of Japan, and even the future in track & field world. He might even be able to become an international star athlete. The teacher however, at the time before the idol thingy, is just your everyday college student with nothing to be proud of. She might think that a future superstar like him might be able to score even celebrities girlfriend. And thus, she search for a way that instead of people gossiping "Wow, why is that superstar date a no name girl like that", to "Wow, that superstar date this super famous idol, good for him".
It's all about social image in moonland.

Double-page supporter
Is it normal to shave in a public hot spring? That seems pretty disgusting.

Supporter
@boag Not really. While under 10 is extremely fast, the world record is 9.58. That .42 seconds is an eternity in the 100m. That said, if he ran under 10, he'd be only the 2nd person in the world under 20 years old to break 10 (current record is 9.97 by an American kid in 2014). Japanese under-20-years-old record appears to be 10.01.

Supporter
@boag If he ran under 10 as a high schooler it'd be a Japanese U-20 record, but it wouldn't be anywhere near the Olympic record, no. So, on the one hand, it'd be a remarkable feat, but on the other hand it's not so remarkable as to make it unbelievable. In the grand scheme of things, that may be the single most believable part of this entire series.

Dex-chan lover
...These idols are taking a guy being in the female-only reserved hot spring shockingly well considering that they sometimes get targeted by disturbed stalkers or fans (or even attacked in an attempted murder, like Mayu Tomita was). Considering that the average girl in anime or manga nearly commit a god damn brutal homicide over a boy even walking into his own bathroom only to find the girl unexpectedly there using it, it's amazing they were just like, "Oh! That's your little childhood friend you gush about? Okay then." instead of, I dunno, running out screaming for security/help.

Users who are viewing this thread