Natsume to Natsume - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.1

Contributor
Doing the right thing often goes unrecognized. However, that doesn't mean you should stop doing the right thing.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, even if he is standing up for people, I'm not sure if violence is the best approach here. I'd personally have him consider other routes before slugging a guy in the face, but whatever

Dex-chan lover
@tamerlane
That's the point. He doesn't know what else to do other than violence. This is a flashback, I think, and this was before he tried helping others in different ways.

@Tamerlane using violence to solve something is indeed not a good way, but what else he can do? reporting to school? either the school will turn a blind eye toward this or they will reprimand the delinquent that only end up making the delinquent bullying become more severe since they will think the one who snitch them up is the bullying victim

Double-page supporter
This kind of story.... Always end like a H...
Thank god this isn't that kind of page.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaizeel Fair, I just forgot that detail, apparently. Still, randomly walking up to a mugger and slugging him is funny, in its own way

@Franxx I'd suggest that just from a character standpoint, I'd like to see him experiment a little, like trying distract them so the other guy can get away or trying to do the tactic of fake bribing them, like giving them something that looks valuable but isn't. Or just the ol' fashion Fallout speech skill, kinda thing. I guess it's because I don't like when people jump to violence without exploring other avenues, really.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane I assume you have never been bullied

That is not how it works with these people. The only way to stop a bully is literally kick the shit out of them

Dex-chan lover
@Xxjuggernaut I actually was bullied a lot, but I was a weakling.

The bullying stopped because they couldn't bully me worse than I bullied myself

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane Essentially you were that pathetic to them. That is a completely made up story sir. Your first sentence I believe, written wrong, but there is truth. "I actually was bullied BECAUSE I was a weakling"

But the bullies stopped because you were down on yourself? No. They double down even further. All propaganda.

It's a slice of life. A silver tongue does not work on someone set out to harm you. The one outcome is to retaliate. Just putting up a fight scares off someone.

Dex-chan lover
@Franxx One thing he could do, and I've either seem him do it or another heroic bully in another manga do it, is basically scare the holy shit out of them without actually punching them. Grabbing them by the arm and pulling them around, then using his scary face to his advantage to make it clear if they don't stop a serious ass-beating is about to occur, could work for him.

In manga anyway, in real life he'd almost certainly have to kick their asses.

Dex-chan lover
@Xxjuggernaut More of my bullying was related to my strange mannerisms because of ASD.

I just eventually knew how to dig into myself worse than anyone else could. It's the truth, but you can choose not to believe it. I guess we were just dealing with different circumstances.

I wonder if the kid who was being bullied in the flashback is the same one who’s his friend now?

Also, I feel terrible for anyone who has been bullied. I truly hope y’all are on the other side of that now.

Dex-chan lover
Aw were her eyes a bit scuffed cus she was crying for him? 😥

The fact that his relaxed face isn't just an average ass "high schooler" manga face but actually resembles his tightened face is really cool to me for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread