Natsume Yuujinchou

While I love this series to death, the one thing I will always have a gripe with is that the manga chapters and the anime episodes done line up at all. It makes jumping from one to the other really difficult.

when i was watching the anime, somehow it felt strange. like i wanna quickly finish it but i dont want it to end. it was really sad when i finished binging all the anime seasons, ovas, and movies. i thought i won't enjoy the manga cause it's an old one. i mean how to explain it, sometimes reading old manga felt uncomfortable though the storyline is good. it was something like i usually read it in fast pace and i always felt like missing the important things. that kind of feeling that made me uneasy.

but well, i started reading because of curiousity and my impatient tendency. turns out, it's really wonderful. hoping the scanlation team would translate more.

Group Leader
i remember binging animes and coming across this one
thanks for the chapters

this has been my fav anime for a long time now and i never knew where to find the manga. i was so happy when i found this i started jumping from excitement :D thank you for your hard work!!!

Nijikonohana makes summary for natsume yuujinchou, I remember reading chapter 100-105 but they lost their Tumblr so a lot summaries lost huftttttttt

@in_neverland

I thought the same as well, not wanting the anime to end, but only after i finished with all of it did i discover the joy of rewatching :)
Natsume Yuujinchou and Mushishi are the only 2 anime that i rewatch.. especially whenever I feel down..

Also, the manga! Even i wasn't sure if I'd be able to enjoy it, but i love it now..
I make it a point to always play the ost while I'm reading the manga or a good NatsuYuu fanfiction.. it's so good sometimes i can't recollect which story was anime only or which is canon and which is not.. XD

the anime was pretty great and chill, idk why i've been sleeping on this.

oh nice we all saw the anime.

Such a good series, Idk if I want the author to speed up the plot or keep at this pace...

I hope this wonderful story gets fully translated. Recommend the nice anime too, adds a bit more but stays true.

Regarding the cover of volume 26:

Matoba is wearing a haori(?) with red spider lilies drawn on it.
Natori's has some blue flowers. Are those forget-me-nots?

Red spider lilies are bright summer flowers native throughout Asia. They are associated with final goodbyes, and legend has it that these flowers grow wherever people part ways for good. In old Buddhist writings, the red spider lily is said to guide the dead through samsara, the cycle of rebirth.

So I'm wondering if/what Midorikawa-sensei is trying to portray with the cover.

Waiting as usual for the next update.

@SolitaryGray
I think the flowers on Natori's haori arent forget me nots but hydrangeas (4 petals, flowers in a bunch, ridged leaves, also a summer flower)
It's still very interesting bc Hydrangeas symbolize togetherness, community and pride. It's like theyre taking vastly different paths I guess.
Havent read vol 26 tho so i have no idea whats up with them yet. take this with a grain of salt.

@acatone

Yes, now that you mentioned it, i think it's hydrangea as well. (I've only ever seen pictures of globes/bunches of these, so i never realised these had only 4 petals!)

About the flower meaning- yes, it works well with how Sensei usually fleshes out these 2 exorcists side by side!

I'm pretty sure we're heading towards a major arc regarding these two in vol 26 , as they're featured on both vol 25 and 26, and the one released chapter of vol 25 that I've read features matoba already and looks pretty interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread