Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka? - Vol. 9 Ch. 38.5

Dex-chan lover
KxMylBj.png

I had the same feeling after reading this.

Contributor
So she stupidly put distance between herself and her friend why exactly? Cause some role both had to take? Seems a pity. Ah well.

also, what a nice date with Rinne, best girl :)
She didn't want the elf to try and bail on her needed duty in order to hang out with her, and to prevent the sads from when the human finally dies of old age while the elf is still a teenager.

Dex-chan lover
I get that you guys are trying to be accurate to the source and time period she represents, but Jesus my head hurts after that. Too many Mineself/Thyself/Thouself to process.

Besides that, thanks for doing the chapter!
It wasn't just that it was hard to process, they were also using it incorrectly. "Thouself" is almost never used, so it just comes across as a poor attempt to people who do understand that type of language.

Dex-chan lover
If y'all can't use the archaic form properly, just translate it into regular English and put some T/N or something. I only know archaic English from a few literature and I'm not even a native English speaker, but even I can tell that the use of it here is all over the place.

Dex-chan lover
I get that you guys are trying to be accurate to the source and time period she represents, but Jesus my head hurts after that. Too many Mineself/Thyself/Thouself to process.

Besides that, thanks for doing the chapter!
Just think of it as extra EXPs to level the Literacy skill tree :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
Dang, there's no need to translate the speech into such a convoluted mess... There are a lot of other ways to translate archaic speech...

Dex-chan lover
:nyoron: smh Lumine, because you keep doing this kind of side jobs, genshin plot progression is 5 centimeter per second year

Users who are viewing this thread