Need manga recommendations

Dex-chan lover
I'm looking for manga with realistic drawing like The Fable, Under Ninja, Vagabond. any genres/theme is okay but i prefer comedy manga.
Do you guys have any recommendations? thank you in advance.
Minoru Furuya's works have increasingly shifted towards a more detailed, realistic style over time, paired with exaggerated reaction panels. Saltiness is probably the most similar in tone and style to something like The Fable.

If you like Takehiko Inoue, be also sure to check out his older series Slam Dunk and REAL if you haven't already.

Last edited:
Realistic and somehow comedic huh... but you put Vagabond in your recommendation, so i'll just put some series that i feel close to what OP asking, here we go :

1. I Am A Hero. Okay, not exactly what you call a full comedy but it contain what OP ask for, a somehow realistic drawing art that contain some comedy... well, more or less dark comedy but it's comedy nonetheless!. It was even adapted to a live action movie!
2. Jyaken San Wa Sugu Bureru. I feel like this is one where it matched OP Description, it have a really realistic drawing art and yet it's full of comedy, i really recommend this one for OP, try it! you kinda need to read on aggregator sites if you want to read it full since mangadex didn't have the complete list
3. Isekai Ojisan. If you are an avid anime watcher you probably have heard of this one, if not then this one is for you since it fits your description as well, full of comedy!
4. Sun Ken Rock. This is Boichi previous work before he works on Dr. Stone, so you might feel some similarity, especially the protagonist Ken who looks so similar to Senku, btw this one is quite NSFW haha
5. Angel Densetsu. This is from the author of Claymore Yagi Norihiro, this one is extremely old but the comedy is still on point, you might try to check this one, truly worth it!
6. Akumetsu. I kinda feels that this is quite stretching since it's not exactly realistic but somehow it remind me of this classic manga, give it a try if you can!
7. Dorohedoro. Okay, this is seriously stretching but well, not exactly what you call realistic drawing but yeah this is it, since it contain comedy

Honorable Mention, considering this is not a comedy :

8. Gants. One of the most realistic drawing that i can think of, but not exactly what you can call comedy, it's full chock of NSFW, Sexual theme and Gore
9. Vinland Saga. I'm going to admit i've never read/watch this one but the drama says otherwise, and looking at it's art it feels quite realistic
10. Berserk. Nuff said.

Okay, this is it i guess, i admit i honestly didn't really remember other series that i have read, since i've mostly forgot most series, even i need to search some keyword to find the series name is called Akumetsu, hope this list works for your new recommendation @Sitompo !

Dex-chan lover
send my regards to kenshiro is an outstanding comedy manga but got droppped by the scanlation team, hopefully someone picks it up again
was made by the same author as back street idols which you can find fully scanlated in aggregator sites

other comedy mangas that mix the realistic style with surreal and non realistic style would be asobi asobase (full on aggregators) and little chaos (has less realistic drawings at the start, yet to be fully translated)

Users who are viewing this thread