NEET dakedo Hello Work ni Ittara Isekai ni Tsuretekareta - Ch. 55

Dex-chan lover
I'm approaching this from a HEMA angle, but... I like how they're talking about something as fundamental as footwork as something approaching almost like this mystical, sacred art.

From what they're showing me, it just looks like regular footwork techniques, but once again the manga is failing to show or clarify if this is magical (it's not like they're fucking teleporting or something), whatever their world's mechanics are, or if it's just fucking footwork like anyone training would be. Or, shit, a combination of them. I'm doubting if the author even considered it.

Dex-chan lover
I'm approaching this from a HEMA angle, but... I like how they're talking about something as fundamental as footwork as something approaching almost like this mystical, sacred art.

From what they're showing me, it just looks like regular footwork techniques, but once again the manga is failing to show or clarify if this is magical (it's not like they're fucking teleporting or something), whatever their world's mechanics are, or if it's just fucking footwork like anyone training would be. Or, shit, a combination of them. I'm doubting if the author even considered it.

Oh, fellow HEMA guy. Yeah, it's unlikely they did anything but ape a manga/historical legend angle to it and flimsily justified it. Even if it was just 'footwork', not positioning your feet in a good ready stand is...bad footwork. They're basically exchanging actual technique for raw power in the legs to 'allow' that bullshit to happen...problem is, good footwork and positioning would STILL HELP MORE because now you've got all that horseshit power that lets you push off stupidly fast 'without giving away your intention'...when good footwork still doesn't give away your intention. That's the whole purpose of a ready stance, to be 'ready' for attack, defense, or evasion!

(I figure you know all this, I'm just ranting to get it out of my system.)

Users who are viewing this thread