Nega-kun and Posi-chan - Vol. 3 Ch. 29 - Secret deeds are rewarded

Dex-chan lover
Lost my shit at the picture of them with their arms in the air. Looks like kindergarten. Wtf. 🤣

Aggregator gang
Sooo...her mom wasn't always like that? She used to look older but now looks like she's in elementary school? Which would mean that her dad didn't marry her for being a legal loli. There are entire worlds of awkwardness here.

Dex-chan lover
If I was her Dad, I don’t know how I’d feel about my wife somehow going from looking her age to looking like my/our daughters twin. It would certainly make sleeping together and sex awkward as time went on.

Dex-chan lover
i fucking love how jp people associate americans with swears like holy shit it's fucking annoying goddamn /s

@crossrook I mean it kinda makes sense, most mangaka probably don't spend a lot of time around actual Americans so they make them half japanese so that they can be foreign while allowing the author to write them like they would a japanese character instead of doing the work necessary to make the character actually seem like a real American

@luca_tenji that is a valid response, but wholly unrealistic. you can write a foreign character without being racist or whatever, and even if you can't you can include a foreign character without botching the fish out of water scenario that generally defines such a character trope. it's lazy writing foremost (by deciding to not include why they fit in this setting besides "Japanese ancestry" and thus they speak the language) and then cliched and uninteresting secondly, as they don't tread any new ground. why not include a foreign exchange student who had no background in Japanese? Tsurezure Children did it with a (practically) tertiary character to great effect and even made the language barrier a point of comedy instead of a barrier easily overcome.

I apologize for the rant, it's just as a (poor) student of languages and someone appreciative of diversity I find it inane to make every foreign character somehow also Japanese so as not to upset the balance. if you can't write a foreign character, don't include them.

Quick question? Is that a mother or an onee-chan? Cause that thing is in no way, shape, or form anything other than a frickin child, or the second parent loli I've seen

Users who are viewing this thread