Nei to Souta no Petite Manga

Dex-chan lover
I'm sure this won't look so criminally cute if their gender were reversed.

This is dangerously fun to read. I can't tell is she's a shotacon or she just likes teasing him.

Dex-chan lover
Even though the author just wanted to make a cute story the perceptive readers had a feel it was onee x shota

Rare to see this sort of progression so quickly. I was expecting 50 chapters of constant fluff before a single implied kiss, as usual.

Group Leader
So, this is great. I can't get enough of it. However, compared to most other romances here, it's so utterly jarring. In a good way, of course, but still.

Most romances try to draw the crowd through a simple question: "Will they or won't they?" This leads to some super frustrating situations where the reader is left screaming "Just have babies already!" at the screen, while the characters basically faff about.

All of this goes double for anything involving anything close to loli or shota. Of course, in real life, a child's crush on an older person has basically zero chance of being reciprocated, so this is realistic if nothing else. But some works portray the feelings as basically mutual, and still keep faffing about because a) it keeps people reading and b) that way it won't offend anyone.

But this manga does exactly none of that. The two characters are mutually in love from the beginning. Quite possibly, they are in a romantic relationship from the beginning too. They keep expressing affection every which way, whether physically or verbally or anything else. And, since Nei is hinted at having succubus blood, if they haven't consummated their relationship already they probably will soon. And they look so happy!

I just feel so happy for them, y'know?

@sora_92
The Female Hero and the Shota Orc Ch 21?
https://twitter.com/saiso_/status/1223742951576174593 English translation ETA?

Group Leader
@tulizoho
I'm aware it's there, I translated it already,
we were just a bit understaffed the past weeks because some members were busy with real life stuff. Please don't worry, I will upload it as soon as it's done. Hopefully tomorrow.

This is fun and cute but I think I'm dropping it. There just isn't enough of a point to it. The whole thing feels like either am artist's Pixiv account or like some stray doodles that go into a special 0.5 chapter omake. There's no story, no continuity, no sense that these things are happening in more than just a vacuum. It's just meaningless. And there's way too many fluffy and ecchi manga out there to waste time on something that doesn't feel like it's building to anything.

Sorry to be the voice of negativity. And like I said, it's cute. And harmless, if you just want a daily, or near daily, burst of something cute. But for me that's more frustrating than enjoyable.

While I certainly like the fluff in this, I can't help but find it weird especially considering that it's outright stated that Souta is in elementary school. Elementary school in Japan lasts from 1st - 6th grade, which means Souta should be about 11 or 12 (maybe even younger) at the time of this manga. Considering the height difference, Nei is probably in late middle school/early high school, which means she's at the very least 14 and could even be up to 17 years old. This might not seem like a big difference, but age differences get really iffy when kids are younger because they're in their developmental stages as opposed to being full-grown adults (an 11 year old dating a 15 year old is super weird and probably iffy, but a 30 year old dating a 34 year old isn't weird at all). But eh, whatever.

Group Leader
@tarosuki
There are some additional character introduction pages (which we will upload soon) that reveal that Souta is 5th year in elementary and Nei is high school 1st year.
Which means a 4-5 years age gap, with Souta being like 11-12, and Nei like 16-17 or so. (though their age wasn't stated, but both school years, appearance and everything supports that theory, I think)

Then again, I think they're super adorable together, and we're talking about fiction.

Finally, a look at Nei without her eyepatch. Much cuter without it. I was beginning to wonder if she was just chuuni

Users who are viewing this thread