Neko Mix Genkitan Toraji

I've only read the first chapter, but I think
the cat is actually his son
Will have to see if I'm right

Power Uploader
So, this manga is truly bizarre, and in the beginning it seems kinda random. The first two chapters are world building, and you really get the plot at chapter 3. I recommend everyone read through c3 before making up your mind about the series.

However, it's chapter 9 where you realize that no, this isn't episodic and random. For all the insane fantasy world, the plot has been planned out to the last detail, and it's hella good. It only gets better from there.

This is a great story for anyone who likes fantasy, cats, adventure, and yes, a bizarre world where almost anything could happen. There's humor, there are sweet moments, but there are also some dark moments as the main character in particular struggles with his faults. For all its insanity, it's grounded in very real emotions; this is not a light-hearted romp or shallow action manga. Give it a try -- you might like it.

Dex-chan lover
It sounds cool but looking at the people and the art kinda puts me off.

Aggregator gang
This manga seems so silly and weird on first sight, but actually is quite good.

Contributor
Toraji is the precious kitty child and his smile must be protected. He's soooooooooo cute! >u<

This MANAGDEX site is the worst site for navigation I have ever seen. I can't find what I am looking for, and the selections I made seem to be reversed. "QU" as a field turns out to mean "manga title" but when I enter the title and author, it took three tries to find it! ANYWAY, NEKO MIX GENKITAN TORAJI is one of the BEST stories I have read in seventy years. I am an artist and feel like I could do a better line drawing, but---Tamura-sensei captures the feelings of the characters in a misty romantic, mysterious ink technique that attracts and holds my attention! I love the hamsters, the Ham Newspaper reporters! Pai'Yan is a good man but raised to be a soldier by a VERY strict father and so he knows NOTHING about the world. Everyone has to tell him "how things are", including the hamsters. Eventually, he learns but slips back into a bad habit of yelling at Toraji, who is really just a kitten-human mix. I love the mystery, the characters, and the mood. Wish it was updated weekly, as I am currently re-re-reading all of the chapters! ---Ziggylyn

Dex-chan lover
This manga has a lot to offer about parenting, prejudice, and personal growth. I hope no one will pass it up simply because they're put off by the art. This is one of the most exciting adventure manga I've read in a long time, and it has plenty of material a cat lover would enjoy.

Cat lovers come close!
After surfing the site last night, I just found out that this is still ongoing. One volumes per year, uh huh.
Tamura Yumi has never disappointed me. Sweet but has an interesting context.

I'm only on chapter 6, but this quirky kind of story is already drawing me in. Seems bizarre and relatable and the same time.

Supporter
This manga has a nice mix of saccharine and melancholic feelings, like most good fairy tales.

Contributor
This is the cutest manga ever made ignore the heresy below Toraji is love Toraji is life

Sweet kitten

Power Uploader
@yukiwa
anoman's comment came on the heels of the chapter that ended with Toraji going, "THIS IS BAD. THIS IS BAD."

But yes, context is key 😅 Slight trolling going on there, ahahaha

Anyone who actually *reads* this manga loves it. But the concept/art is niche, so not many folks actually get into it. Best weird manga ever 😍

Users who are viewing this thread