Neko no Otera no Chion-san - Vol. 5 Ch. 42 - Cat, Wind Chime and Chion.

Dex-chan lover
37 more to go....

as far as SOL series go, this is my top 3... anyone got other favorites of yours you wanna share?

Dex-chan lover
@no168_92 Ritou no Umi short 5 chapters from Takamichi is my personal favorite.
Otherwise generic favorites like Yotsubato, Aria, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, etc. are always good. Public opinion is usually solid on SoL.

Knew the cats would call him over when he put in the hanging wind-chime lol.

Dex-chan lover
how to wake up a half-dead girl => say she's heavy while trying to carry her 😂

Contributor
@no168_92
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, Otoyomegatari, Machida-kun no Sekai, Shirogane no Nina, Hinamatsuri who's just finished its run are some of my favorites. There's plenty I feel like recommending, but probably not full slice-of-life.
Also, not sure if this one counts, but Space Brothers is amazing.

Group Leader
Odd Slice of Life (at least I think it's SoL) -- Heterogeneous Linguistics. The scanlation has stopped since it's getting an official English publication.

Another SoL recommendation, Akebi-chan no Serafuku -- the art is superb even if the story is thin, basically Cute Girl Doing Cute Things and dragging her fellow schoolmates along in her wake. If you liked Aria you'll probably like this series for similar reasons.

There's always Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki by the same mangaka as _Chion-san_, also featuring a "chunky" female protagonist although it focusses more on the romance side of things.

https://mangadex.org/title/10369/kakukaku-shikajika
It's an autobiography by the author of Jellyfish Princess. It's one of the best slice of life I have ever read. It's funny, touching and sincere. A masterpiece

Group Leader
Holy, her "Huh" face was scary.

Also, cat chapter yay!

Edit: Haha, reading this thread confused me for a second when I saw it was all recommendations.

I'll second the Otoyomegatari and Machida-kun no Sekai recommendations. Otoyomegatari is probably closer to this manga in the sense that it has the older girl, younger boy romance dynamic and general feel, but both are great!

Dex-chan lover
Oh yeah, I've been liking Flat quite a bit. Very slice-of-life, there's no romance even lurking in the wings as far as I can tell. Just this kind of aimless guy, his friends and a few relatives, and his quiet, earnest little nephew. But it's . . . I dunno, nice.
I'll definitely second Hakumei to Mikochi, Flying Witch, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (actually anything by Ashinano Hitoshi), Kakukaku Shikajika and Gisele Alain. Some serious classics been recommended here.

Dex-chan lover
"Hakumei and Mikochi", as well as "Flying Witch", are perhaps some of the chillest, most relaxed Slice of Life series I've ever read, and totally recommend them.

Both are licensed, can buy the manga and enjoy them even more comfortably.

Edit: Oh, how could I forget "Toorigakari ni One Point Advice shite iku Type no Yankee"! That series is just so good.

Users who are viewing this thread