Neko no Otera no Chion-san - Vol. 6 Ch. 46 - The Second Semester and School Pool Chion

Dex-chan lover
Why does the grandma look so ambiguous at the end, was she against Gen and Chion getting together I don't really remember. Also I feel like there's more and more foreshadowing that Gen is gonna end up with Hiruma with all the glances he's throwing at her recently and their interactions

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Yes Chion, the buds won't reach when you hold 90% of the cable with your hand.

Dex-chan lover
@leusee these not foreshadow, that are harem bait. everything about her character for now is literally harem bait.
-A wild tsundere who get along and admire/into heroine appeared: check
-Be a dick to MC for... reason: check
-Into MC for... reason: check
-Blush-> some unloyal bitch in the comment section "OMG, best girl": check

Dex-chan lover
this chapter is fucked up, after we got tomboy x mc moment we got a straight good chion x mc moment like that.
man I didnt know Ojiro Makoto can be this cruel lmao.

Group Leader
You could cut the tension in this chapter with a knife.

I liked the panel from the first-person perspective with the glasses frame in it. I thought it was a pretty cool way to draw that panel.

I think that last line is mistranslated though, "Sure. Right now, you should just do whatever you're able to, Gen." That answer doesn't really tell me what she's trying to say because her first response, "Sure", doesn't really match the latter part of the sentence, "Do whatever you're able to"(I'm not sure what that means there, and she doesn't elaborate).

I looked at the raws to try and clear up my confusion, and I'm pretty sure it could be translated more like this, "No, that's' fine, Gen-chan. You should focus on the things only you can do right now.", i.e. she first politely tells him she can take care of it herself, and then in the second part of her response reveals a bit of her reasoning, i.e. she's probably worried about his upcoming tournament, cultural festival, etc.

Both the Grandmother's look and the Gen's look make 10x more sense with this answer because it would mean Gen's look is about his bewilderment at being rebuffed like that(he does not understand why she refused him), and Grandma's look is about the "Ha, she's telling him to stop fussing over her because she's worried. Cute."

The original Japanese for anyone wondering:
いいよ、源ちやんは今しかできないことをして

Edit: I saw a typo.

Users who are viewing this thread