Neko no Te datte Yaku ni Tatsu - Ch. 212 - Her Face Back Then

Dex-chan lover
I went to check the raws and based off my limited Japanese knowledge, he does indeed seem to be comparing her to his past experiences with other people. The actual wording in the dialogue is translated less accurately here however, though that could just be the translator preferring to localize to language that a native English speaker would actually use.

Dex-chan lover
Base on other title this specific uploader worked on, he'll stick his hand in when he find something was incorrectly translated or something of that sort. I don't know about the faithfulness to the source, but the content seems to make more sense as a whole.

As a professional translator myself, I can vouch for him that it is very reasonable to be unfaithful to the source when you work with text of entertainment nature. The aim of this work is for entertainment, and as a translator, if you deem that the part is not majorly essential, and faithfulness will be in the way of entertainment, you might make the call to just localize it.

Supporter
Man I can see the sparks coming off his two brain cells, hope he continues the self-reflection!

Thanks for thr chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread