Neko no Te datte Yaku ni Tatsu - Ch. 65 - Precisely why you can't

Dex-chan lover
I hate this guy more and more with each chapter
Same. There's definitely retarded moments where his brain outright refuses to understand or is afraid to understand that Mii is into him. At the same time, the guy is a kid. In this case, if we were in his shoes, we would be able to treat Mii as a cat when she's a cat and treat her as a human when she's a human. But understanding people's boundaries and respecting them something that you (hopefully) learn as you mature.

It's no different from a weeb ruining a relationship because they keep trying to speak in broken Japanese to a Japanese person or taking a recurring in-joke too far and destroying a friendship. The situation really isn't hepled by Mii having a double standard (in his eyes) of asking to be seen as a human but acting as a cat when it suits her. Plus, Mii (in his eyes) is muddying the water by crossing a boundary that he's made abundantly clear - he likes cats and is apathetic about humans.

To him, Mii is like that one friend in the neighborhood with the latest console that you befriend in the hopes of playing with it. But now, that friend keeps not letting him play with their console and he's afraid that if he ruins the relationship, he won't be able to play with the console at all.

Don't get me wrong, I still hate him. He's denser than a neutron star and he's definitely going about the relationship in a terrible way, even if his end goal was just to fluff Mii.

Group Leader
Same. There's definitely retarded moments where his brain outright refuses to understand or is afraid to understand that Mii is into him. At the same time, the guy is a kid. In this case, if we were in his shoes, we would be able to treat Mii as a cat when she's a cat and treat her as a human when she's a human. But understanding people's boundaries and respecting them something that you (hopefully) learn as you mature.

It's no different from a weeb ruining a relationship because they keep trying to speak in broken Japanese to a Japanese person or taking a recurring in-joke too far and destroying a friendship. The situation really isn't hepled by Mii having a double standard (in his eyes) of asking to be seen as a human but acting as a cat when it suits her. Plus, Mii (in his eyes) is muddying the water by crossing a boundary that he's made abundantly clear - he likes cats and is apathetic about humans.

To him, Mii is like that one friend in the neighborhood with the latest console that you befriend in the hopes of playing with it. But now, that friend keeps not letting him play with their console and he's afraid that if he ruins the relationship, he won't be able to play with the console at all.

Don't get me wrong, I still hate him. He's denser than a neutron star and he's definitely going about the relationship in a terrible way, even if his end goal was just to fluff Mii.
Daddy chill

Dex-chan lover
Is Takase a pretty awful person who's not managing his relationships well? Yes, absolutely.

Is this a comedy manga where real-world consequences probably don't apply? Also yes, absolutely.
I like your words funny man
Yeah if he pulled this irl he would legit be a loner and park himself in front of a truck eventually due to lack of cat girls irl

Dex-chan lover

Why do you say "in his eyes" like it's an opinion? It's exactly what she's doing. She even said she likes how he treats her like a cat immediately before telling him she hates it when he treats her like a cat. And then, yeah, she's feeding this whole "treat me like a cat/no don't treat me like a cat" dilemma by continuing to act like a cat, turning into one, then turning back the moment he gets comfortable treating her like one again. Never mind this shit with the cafe.

The only thing he's done wrong is fail to re-evaluate the exact state of the relationship now that she's clearly going back and forth on how comfortable she is being seen and treated as just a part-time cat.

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised that so many see Mii as the bad guy. All she's done is have hurt feelings. She never lashed out at Takase. She never lied or said an unkind word. She walked away from a painful conversation, then begged Takase not to intrude on her workplace. That's it.

BACKGROUND
Mii realizes early on [ch 23] that Takase is interested only in her cat form, a fact she initially tries to accept. But during their first encounter with Tiggy [ch 31], she announces that she is human and doesn't like being treated as a cat. Except "kind of," she later concedes, when Takase does it [ch 34]. Mii intends the latter as a confession, and he takes it for one... But then dismisses the thought 😢
At this point, Takase believes he's been granted permission to treat Mii as a cat. And Mii believes she's made clear that she prefers to be treated as human (and that she has feelings for him). Shortly after, however, when she tries to talk to him about his continued rejection of her human form [ch 44], Takase shuts her down cold, saying, "I'm just not interested in humans."
He says this knowing that Mii considers herself human, implying that he has no use for her when she's not playing cat for his sake.
Of this conversation, Takase later [ch 55] tells Tiggy, "she got angry at me, telling me to treat her as a human."
But that's not what happened at all [back to ch 44]...
Instead, Takase gets angry when Mii transforms in his lap, saying, "I told you to stop doing that. MOVE."
In response, Mii replies, "I'm sorry, but if you hate it so much, why not just tell me that I make you uncomfortable?"
Which is when he hits her with, "I'm just not interested in [you]."
Wounded, Mii leaves with tears in her eyes.
Later, upon learning that Mii works in a cat cafe [ch 52], Takase becomes snotty and accusatory, as though this constitutes proof that she was lying all along about wanting to treated as a human (it doesn't; it's just a job). So he spends two pages sarcastically berating her about it. He then accepts a job there without considering that he might be invading her "sacred place" [ch 64].

Regardless of his feelings and tastes, Takase's behavior throughout this 40+ chapter stretch is consistently thoughtless, selfish, and callous to the point of cruelty. Yet Mii is the villain? I don't get it. Or, rather, I'm afraid I do... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He says this knowing that Mii considers herself human, implying that he has no use for her when she's not playing cat for his sake.
That part is thoughtlessly cruel, that's right.
Later, upon learning that Mii works in a cat cafe [ch 52], Takase becomes snotty and accusatory, as though this constitutes proof that she was lying all along about wanting to treated as a human (it doesn't; it's just a job). So he spends two pages sarcastically berating her about it. He then accepts a job there without considering that he might be invading her "sacred place" [ch 64].
And there he's even more thoughtless and cruel. That would be downright unacceptable if not for the owner kinda roping him into it, and as Mii asks him to reconsider he should say no. It's her place, not his.

But Mii has to realise, she's the one that keeps coming to him as a cat, she's the one that started the relationship as a cat with the hope to turn it into a human love. On that front he's entitled to refuse.

Dex-chan lover
But Mii has to realise, she's the one that keeps coming to him as a cat, she's the one that started the relationship as a cat with the hope to turn it into a human love. On that front he's entitled to refuse.
Absolutely, I agree. And Mii really shouldn't have gotten so physical with Takase in her human form without his consent.

Users who are viewing this thread