Neko to Ookami

i don't know if this was cute, creepy or a fearsome mix of both

Contributor
THIS. Augh, I remember this.

I'm adding a horror tag, for the sweet love of god.

And taking off the comedy tag. I mean, I understand how this is possibly funny if you've got a twisted sense of humour, but...

@SkyQ
If you didn't figure out whether it was creepy, then I think you might have missed some stuff. Unless your creepy-tolerance is spectacularly high.

In fact this is in some ways the creepiest manga I have ever read, hands down without question.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about that's fine!! Everything's fine.

Having said all that there is a real, sad-sweet story here about lonely people adapting to each other. It's just, you know, taking place within a context, and in such a manner, that deserves utter and abject horror.

And set to the faint music of psycho violins playing.

@Pokari
Definitely not the creepiest one I've read, but still very creepy

I mean, from the very start you realize there is something wrong with how the cat sleeps in a cage and goes for walks with a chain leash and the "cute" wolf eats stuffed toys

Group Leader
As I recall, this was originally released in three sections; the second part begins when the three go for a walk in the woods, and the third is about how he met the little black monster. I suspect the reason why this compilation version feels kind of chunky and abrupt is because the main story is just the first part, when the source of the creeping discomfort comes to light.

And adding to the creepy horror... I think he knows exactly what's going on and makes the subconscious decision to stay stoned out of his mind because the alternative is having to face how your parents left you to die in the woods and that the guy you thought saved you is actually a mass murderer toying with you.

Contributor
@Harvester

Rather than a subconscious decision, I personally had come away with the impression that it was a conscious decision—like drinking to forget, but alarmingly more effective—and that on some muted, hazy level the cat always knows exactly what's going on.

Double-page supporter
Quite cute, to be honest. Although, I'm still debating on
whether the parents really did abandon the kid or if they were actually killed by the wolf a few days before the two of them first met.

Aggregator gang
I should've read the tags before reading
I didn't expect the wolf to be a mass murderer and the cat to be a foolish child thinking he is his savior when he's actually being toyed with, the second he finds that fact out, the smallest bit of fear in his eyes when that happens will signify his time to die. well, I don't really know if the cat with that brain will ever find out but, will he show fear?

Users who are viewing this thread