New Filter Tag

Would it be possible to add a new filter tag for manga centered around adult characters who are not just entering the work force (post university graduates) but who have more life experience?

I'm not even sure what it would be called.

Upvote 0
Dex-chan lover
Freeloading, mooching, bumming, sponging, leeching, very similar yet different. Any way or another, since there's no genre/subgerne tagging in the original works, adding it without objective criteria would be conflicting. I recommend you using Philosophical or Slice of Life, read the summaries and choose among those.

Contributor
Freeloading, mooching, bumming, sponging, leeching, very similar yet different. Any way or another, since there's no genre/subgerne tagging in the original works, adding it without objective criteria would be conflicting. I recommend you using Philosophical or Slice of Life, read the summaries and choose among those.
It's not the way I understand the proposition.

Like an adult not working right now but travelling around the world. Or the life of an independant adult without work.

Dex-chan lover
The problem with the tag is not the name, it's the lack of objective criteria. A MC that lives with someone else and has "life experience" but doesn't work, someone who has become a shut-in after experiencing lots of things, someone from a rich family that has used money to afford the experience, a world wanderer with or without a home to return to, even a vagabond that has lost everything because of a debt while living a plentiful life... you won't find a proper tagging in Japanese for them, but besides those two I mentioned there's also "travels" that can be used to search for works. You cannot unify all of them with one word and expect a good use of the tag afterwards. All the series that come to my mind range from multiple genres that would make no sense putting together. I'd rather ask for examples that they want to be tagged somehow, otherwise this is not different from asking recommendations on the Manga subforum.

The problem with the tag is not the name, it's the lack of objective criteria. A MC that lives with someone else and has "life experience" but doesn't work, someone who has become a shut-in after experiencing lots of things, someone from a rich family that has used money to afford the experience, a world wanderer with or without a home to return to, even a vagabond that has lost everything because of a debt while living a plentiful life... you won't find a proper tagging in Japanese for them, but besides those two I mentioned there's also "travels" that can be used to search for works. You cannot unify all of them with one word and expect a good use of the tag afterwards. All the series that come to my mind range from multiple genres that would make no sense putting together. I'd rather ask for examples that they want to be tagged somehow, otherwise this is not different from asking recommendations on the Manga subforum.
I'm sorry if I was not clear. I meant a tag for MCs that already have years of work experience under their belt, whether they're employed or self-employed. I see a lot of manga that revolves around a young, new company recruit and fewer manga that have someone who is more experienced and looked up to as the main protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
Office Workers is already a good tag, and having into account I have hentai enabled there's a total of 21 pages. It's a reasonable amount the read the synopsis and figure out that. The target sometimes helps, Seinen and Josei, which is another tag. And you can tailor it with extra tags, but I don't see the point of making a "30< working adult" when, like I said, there's no tag like that from the publishers.

Users who are viewing this thread