NEW GAME! - Vol. 8 Ch. 89

Staff
Admin
A few words from the TL @mogu :

Page 4 How is Nene graduating at the same time as Momo? They're the same age, and she went to a full college, while Momo was at a shorter term vocational school. And Nene has been taking a bunch of days off to work as an intern. And was studying some general major that wasn't taking work experience as course credit. It has only been two years. How is she graduating a full college after two years? She specifically chose general courses at a full college because she had no plan for the future yet, so there's no way she was on any sort of accelerated course. This is really bothering me.

Page 5 But seriously WHAT IS SHE GETTING HER MAJOR IN?

Page 8 I know I keep saying it, but the characters are pointing it out themselves. They haven't even been employees until now. What kind of insane company is leaving vital work positions to people who aren't employees?

It really activate my almonds that nene is graduating from college in less than 2 years. It make no sense at all, maybe she was just invited to the graduation.

Dex-chan lover
I think ill just smooth my brain a bit and not think too much on it

Dex-chan lover
I don't remember the details enough to find her graduation weird hahahaa (I mean, Nene).
Gambare Nene!

I thought the Onii chan part was weird but then I remembered that males are forbidden in this manga so even if she has a brother is more like Schrodinger onii chan

Group Leader
@ixlone
I think the author is suffering from inconsistent writing syndrome. It's a very common disease that plagues manga, comic books, games and movie writers.

The first symptom is recycling a previous arc, then you begin adding new characters with the same traits as the existing ones, those new characters can either make no change to the dynamics or change the story to be centered around them; the next stage involves forgetting the setting of your own story and putting characters in situations they shouldn't be able to thanks to what was established early on, and finally, you end up making the characters overcome any issue with either the power of friendship or by getting angrier than their opponents, may or may not come coupled with yelling.

Many works of fiction fall victim to this rapidly spreading disease, and there is no known cure for it as far as modern science is concerned. Be it Rogue being in the same class as Scott, only for him and Jean to graduate ahead of her; or all Dragon Slayers being weak to vehicles, even though it was established only Natsu was due to his upbringing and tie it to how powerful they are despite Natsu being relatively weak at the beginning, loads and loads of works of fiction end up suffering from inconsistencies and retcons at some point in their lives.

If you know a work of fiction that suffers from inconsistent writing syndrome, call 555-080-This-Is-Bullshit and inform the authorities. We will do the best we can to provide criticism and point out the flaws. 555-080-This-Is-Bullshit to end bad writing.

Dex-chan lover
Why i have feeling nene raising flag game making for her friend??

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck? How did Nene graduate already? It's not even been 2 full years, this makes no sense at all.
Also, the "We wanted to get along with you but you were too beautiful and competent and there was this aura about you so we couldn't approach you" cliche is utter trash.
Man, this manga really had declined.

Dex-chan lover
@Serenata
Nah. I'm good.
Just because I dared to criticize something I found bad or inconsistent doesn't mean it's making me "feel bad" or whatever.

Contributor
@ixlone Just my opinion, but accuracy is probably not intended to be the highest thing on the list. Manga's goal is (once again, just my opinion), to be about cute girls making computer games (with the "cuteness" part being the highest factor).

Pretty much, one should never be too nit-picky when it comes to these things. Takes the fun outta it.

Contributor
@ixlone giving an important job to someone you really want to hire is that strange? Man that sure explains a lot... Also consider that they do have fallbacks, in the case things went wrong.

SJ7

Fed-Kun's army
Seeegaaaaa....

Nice smile from Momo on page 3, though. Think I'll save it.

Aggregator gang
the character development is pretty good at this one

Users who are viewing this thread