NEW GAME! - Vol. 9 Ch. 102

Dex-chan lover
I don't know probably Aoba and Kou high up and the rest behind like Yun and Hajime.
Nah I don't think Yun could make it low, she's lovable ..... But Hajime gained lots of animosity this time.

Also new girl is always fun but I hope we get more of the other team that comes up once each new moon, you know the ones who work on environment and stuff. Ah, I guess they're busy with dino crisis 3

Dex-chan lover
Nah I don't think Yun could make it low, she's lovable ..... But Hajime gained lots of animosity this time.

I don't really blame Hajime on this one because she has been thrown into the pit without any gear or help. Of course she was bond to fail, she has no prior experience and has no help. I'm more angry at Hifumi that have done NOTHING since the start of the DDG. Kou's depart will have been the great moment for Hifumi to step up and be the reliable senior but no, she remain the same shy and silent character she was, letting all the others going into the wall while watching.

So wait, they have a bunch of senior members on the team, and all it took was Kou-chan returning and telling them 'don't worry about it' to convince them to delay the game? I can understand the Character design team not making the request as they were filled with newbies that would feel the pressure of requesting a extention when they were already being given a chance to make the game in the first place, but the senior members should have done a better job guiding them.

It would have been better to not have Kou return and see Aoba taking the initiative and request the extention herself, at least some thing good would have come from the arc, as it would show growth in Aoba's character.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
It's not gonna sell at all and it'll become a cult classic 10 years from now.

Classic Kou, I noticed she delivered the letter late but didn't think Aoba would too.

Dex-chan lover
@harryno5
Look at it from an executive perspective.
Who are you more likely to listen to? The people, half of them newbies to their current roles, struggling with their first solo game?
Or the prodigy genius super experienced artist who's the face of your biggest selling franchise?

Thinking about it a little more, I don't like how Kou just dropped FS4 on Aoba just like that. It's borderline full on nepotism.
I wonder how butthurt Momiji will be.

Dex-chan lover
It's borderline full on nepotism.

To be fair, first of all, that's usually how that works. Second of all, she did do the PECO character designs, albeit not publically.

"I've taken a real close look at all the work you've been doing, and I'm really impressed with it. I want you to take on a lead role on our upcoming major project." is, like, the exact opposite of nepotism.

@Midoriha I'm not sure I'd go that far, I think it was how Aoba has grown over the years, the way she picked up the slack when the projects scope was expanded, and how despite not being the lead designer, and producer, she was the one who took responsibility for the teams shortcomings and apoligised to the newbie from the outsourced company, that showed a certain level of leadership skills (which is what I think the mangaka wanted to show.) Sure there is some favouratism shown as Aoba is is more like a student of Kou than others.

Besides who knows maybe there will still be a competition like in the past, and Kou words are more her desires than what the company has decided.

Dex-chan lover
I really don't like that Aoba is apologizing to the Employee of that other company.
First of all why should she apologize? She isn't even a leader of a team or anything.
Second that company accepted the job on the terms Eagle Jump set for them so why should't they complain when they deliver subpar material?
Seriously hope the next story arc is better.

The other company only started delivering sub-par material when eagle jump suddenly changed the terms of the job after the fact, requiring them to do much more work but with the same deadline.

Double-page supporter
Besides who knows maybe there will still be a competition like in the past, and Kou words are more her desires than what the company has decided.
With Kou as Art Director and Shizuku as Director? Both of them obviously prefer Aoba than Momoji. Another competition would be pointless. Kou probably made up her mind if she told Aoba about this.. Beside the company would ACTUALLY prefer Aoba since they can promote their game using Aoba and Kou from PECO. From the beginning, Momoji doesn't stand a chance. There's only competition in this arc because the project was low-budget and short-term plan.

Aggregator gang
@Liliwyt: I agree that this isn't Hajime's fault, but I don't particularly blame anything on Hifumi. While I do think her character was underutilized, she was basically just being herself and doing her work without issue. While it would have been nice for her to have been the one to step in and talk Christina into extending the deadline, I'm not upset at her just because the author didn't choose to give her much development.

The people I'm upset at are Hazuki and Rin, and to a certain extent Christina. They're the people who have been in charge of game development before. They know the things that Hajime hadn't had a chance to learn yet. Even if they were choosing to step back and let her run this herself, they still could have and should have been giving her advice and letting her know when she was making mistakes.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not upset at her just because the author didn't choose to give her much development.

I'm because we're at Ch.102 and she never has been developped, she could be a mob at this point that it wouldn't change anything. Hifumi is just a plant at this point. It's funny in the first chapters because there was no real big problems and well, Kou was here but after Kou had leave she should have been developped to take at least a part of Kou's place but no, nothing happen and it's frustating because everyone had changes and developpement but Hifumi has got nothing and continue to go throught chapter by doing mostly nothing but saying one or two lines. Hifumi is clearly underused for what she could bring and now that Kou is back, her opportunity is lost.

Fed-Kun's army
I am sort of hoping that with Aoba stepping into the Lead Character Designer position for a major title they are going to use this as an opportunity to develop Hifumi though giving her a major supporting role. It's way past time for some development both for Hifumi specifically and for the Aoba x Hifumi ship tease. -_-;

I feel like the author just wanted to get this over with as fast as possible so they threw a cute crying girl at us along with Kou and Fairies 4.

Look at that development they give to our "beloved mob chara".
Damn shit, ngl. This whole arc feels useless af. The whole company try to be independent from yagami failed successfully. In the end, all they need is yagami.

And the way author turn aoba to mob chara and then suddenly "promise" her a major role again feels like a death flag. What next ? The "promised" role suddenly grabbed by another main chara, and our mob chara, huh, stay as a mob chara.

Dex-chan lover
@Midoriha

Could you explain to me how hiring someone based on their skill, past works and their potential is nepotism?

On that note, do you know what nepotism even is? Because I'd call this "hiring based on merit".

Users who are viewing this thread