New login system rolled out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
Polite Mangadex Downloader has a new experimental version to handle the Full On CloudFlare Death Star (TM).

http://sizer99.com/pmd/

This is very preliminary - It Works On My Machine(TM) but relies on using the built in system WebBrowser to handle the CloudFlare auth. It's only been tested on Windows 10 64-bit.

Still, old versions will no longer work at all, so might as well try it.

And it still does its best to be easier on the site than actually reading it in your webbrowser.

Group Leader
I accidently closed my browser and when I started it back up, mangadex had forgotten who I was and I had to log in again. Really, this overkill programming has really begun to kill the pleasurable aspect of using mangadex. The number of "Persistent Sessions" just keeps getting longer and longer.

Why does this ddos and login issues smell so strongly of Batoto... when it was under continuous and infinite leeching attacks from manga aggregator sites.
Just FIY, the main reason why Batoto shut down was because of the massive amounts of bots (from aggregator sites) leeching off the site.

I haven't been so lucky. In fact, I'm already quite glad I thought of checking whether the forums worked for me today, since I haven't been able to load a single thing from the main website since the last DDOS attack. Fortunately, I stay logged in somehow, and it looks like I finally managed to see the main page of the website today (after checking the forums, funnily enough). So maybe things are clearing up again?

Either way, I'm rooting for you guys! Show those narrow-minded DDOS idiots your true value! 🤗

Group Leader
@Tiihokatti: I could be wrong, but this seems more a concerted effort to shut the place down or extort it rather than whole bunch of leechers.

They're annoying, yes, but this was a fire hose that got turned on two weeks ago. Now that MD is paying for full Cloudflare protection, CF might be able to tell them where it's coming from (LOIC, HOIC, Slowloris, etc), and sometimes they can even figure out who's paying for it.

I guess the other option is some Chinese site rolled out a 'steal from Mangadex' module two weeks ago and hundreds of pirate sites started running it at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread