Next chapter button in the comments

I am one of the users who would go to the comments to see how others react to the chapter, and it is kinda a hassle to go back to the chapter and click the next chapter button. I would like to have the have the button to go to the next chapter while in the comments.

Contributor
Indeed, sometimes the comments are even better than the contents of the chapter.
i.e. any run-of-the-mill isekai/romcom/cultivation series

Sounds like too much work. It's up to the developers, a lot of weird ideas get thrown here all the time.

Definitely the same as OP, I find going back and forth to read comments can get a bit cumbersome, especially when you read something interesting or really funny.

It'd be great if they somehow manage to put the comments in the right-hand menu while reading.

Kinda like this (Please forgive my bad editing):
t25CGXy.png

Supporter
This is just my personal preference, but if it's some kind of "live commenting" where new comments continuously load while you're reading, then if you do implement it, please please please give the option to the turn it on or off.

Dex-chan lover
I think even if it's not live commenting that there be an option to turn it off or have to be opened manually, should it be implemented, the comments could be distracting, could spoil if you have it open while reading, and in some cases people will want to completely avoid the comments because they know there will be massive stupid arguments and trolls based on the contents of the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@Yatsuki
@Granitefish
Comments would most likely not actually be displayed concurrently with the chapter itself, given that untagged spoilers are allowed in chapter comments sections. I think they might be thinking of just having the button linking to the comments section open it in the reader pane instead

Fed-Kun's army
@KMoore , after reading your post I stumbled upon this script ( https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/387437-mangadex-inline-comments ) from GreasyFork. It works just like what you envision, though it can only read a comment. The user doesn't have the capability of posting through this script.

MFTPAst.png

@Knonderd
Holyyyyyyy.... It even has the hide comments that I forgot to put XD, MD should just do that + a post capability like you mentioned. They should probably just change the current comment button to the hide/show comments and remove the comment page altogether. Don't know if that'll affect the forum page for manga chapter though.

Fed-Kun's army
@KMoore , that script currently only show the latest page of the manga that user reading. If you wanted to read the older page, you would get redirected to the usual comment's page. Other than that it's a nice addition to the Mangadex reading experience.

I only tested it on on my desktop on PC, so I don't know how it would work on other platform.

Users who are viewing this thread