Nidoto Ie ni wa Kaerimasen! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

So from spoilers I read, the MC's skill
she can create any seed she can imagines, even extinct or mythical seeds and later she can even modify the seed to remove the downsides of the plant.

As for what will happen in the future
her sister will be classified as a dangerous skill holder because during a test demonstration, she tried to kill the MC. She had her skill sealed and her status as a noble revoked. The rest of her family will also lose their title and peerage after somethings came to light. The MC on the other hand was adopted by a good higher ranking noble family.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Next_order

How nice. Though I suddenly have this weird question regarding spoilers

Since you pointed out
For what will happen to her family
it probably means that something bad would happen to them. Said something bad is usually their nobility being revoked or executed. Doesn't that mean that the quoted line itself a spoiler?

On an unrelated note, your name made me read this in Last Order's voice said MISAKA as MISAKA scratches her head.

@Nep Her stamina would still be low though.

Just cause her stamina/mp gauge is full doesn't mean it's big.

That's like saying because you sit around all the time you should be ready to run.

She had poor nutrition and likely didn't sleep well. If we give it numbers, her stamina gauge would have been 10 max while a normal child would be at 25/30. Just because her bar is full (10) doesn't mean her frail body can keep up.

Healing only took care of wounds. As far as the manga has said it doesn't magically give her body vitamins or adds to her stamina.

Yes, they don't know anything about her but that's even more reason to go slow. For all they know every time she makes seeds, it drains her life force or takes years off her life. They don't know. (I don't think it's anywhere that drastic)

When you don't know, you don't go full throttle. This is a supposed to be the premier institute. The next step should have been to check the seeds against normal seeds and grow them in the same condition or something. They have no idea what the seeds can even do. Are they bigger? More productive? The same?

They didn't need to tire her out on the first day is what I'm saying.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Darkmint13
Her stamina would still be low though.

Just cause her stamina/mp gauge is full doesn't mean it's big.

Likewise, for all we know, magic draws from a separate source of energy unrelated to stamina. As in, even abused malnourished children could have enough magic power in them to level an entire country.

That's like saying because you sit around all the time you should be ready to run.

She had poor nutrition and likely didn't sleep well. If we give it numbers, her stamina gauge would have been 10 max while a normal child would be at 25/30. Just because her bar is full (10) doesn't mean her frail body can keep up.

Thats what I meant when I said
...also "Medical/physical knowledge" such as how much rest/food an abused child needs to have before regaining the necessary 'health' (mental or otherwise) needed for strenous(?) activities. I sincerely doubt a magic fantasy community have the sufficient knowledge on how to deal with abused children.

Note that I am NOT defending their actions as 'right thing to do'. I am merely replying to this
This girl was clearly abused why would anyone think she had the stamina to go using magic right off the bat.

In short, it is my way of saying they are 'understandably dumb'. That they have legit reasons to make such mistakes and people who grow in their living environment is quite likely to make the same mistakes. This is in contrast to some other fictional characters that think "It is an honor for this whelp if she is raped by this great me" or some other BS. I think you can probably find these kind of idiocy in the sister and mother in later chapters.

Yes, they don't know anything about her but that's even more reason to go slow. For all they know every time she makes seeds, it drains her life force or takes years off her life. They don't know. (I don't think it's anywhere that drastic)

When you don't know, you don't go full throttle. This is a supposed to be the premier institute. The next step should have been to check the seeds against normal seeds and grow them in the same condition or something. They have no idea what the seeds can even do. Are they bigger? More productive? The same?

They didn't need to tire her out on the first day is what I'm saying.

Applying the lack of medical knowledge and the fact that they are a research institute, it can be deduced that they do this "tire the mage out" thing fairly often as a gauging process and that this is the first time this thing happened (either because of malnutrition/abuse or because of the unique magic. The lack of general knowledge regarding abuse meant that they would not have thought of preparing those cautionary steps. )

As for checking the seeds, it would be better to have more seeds on hand before testing them out since the accuracy of seed experiment rely on a sample size that is preferably at least 2 digits.

(P.S. Thats it for me today. I was just called to the back to chop onions and now I can barely read xDD)

Supporter
yeah, using some strange skill while standing is strange. why not take a more relaxed stance when you worked out the initials.

Dex-chan lover
Then growth speed had better be included. Or it would still be a mostly useless ability.

Dex-chan lover
I have no complaints over details as long as it's interesting then it's fine. Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
A place full of oddballs and overly zealous researchers? I think that is my kind of place

This seems so interesting, and random (in a fun, whimsical way), I can't wait to see more!

Thanks for the chapter~

Dex-chan lover
@Nep : Where are you getting this lack of medical knowledge from? One thing people need to remember is that a society with magic would develop differently and their medical knowledge will not be based on our false impressions of medieval knowledge. We do not know the standard tests they use on new skill. Though what we are seeing looks to be a thorough evaluation of her capabilities on entering, which would be a decent scientific standard since they need a baseline of someone with no training incase the skill occurs again in the future, so they can better gauge growth over time. Or the limits of the healing magic that was used on her (for all we know i could cure cancer)
About the level of their medical knowledge
If I recall from the WN, though it has been a while, using magic they were able to identify permanent damage causing a growth impediment she had suffered as a result of the the abuse and malnourishment, and then used healing magic to remove the scars as best as it could and spend months on getting her better fed and much healthier. Though I do not think they told her everything and the manga is clearly from her point of view.

Dex-chan lover
Read through the spoilers on the novelupdates page.
This is my kind of jam.

Dex-chan lover
@Meri08 : about her family,
Dad is not really trash, just stuck separated by work, but left instructions to not do what the "mother" is doing. In the WN he did not appear until the end of the first arc, and was not pleased with what he heard.

He makes mistakes
big ones that will bit him
, but tried to prevent the MC's situation.

But ya the "mother"
and her father
are trash, and have been raising a trash daughter. I mean the researchers are use to dealing with higher ranking nobles kids then her, they are never going to break proper social protocol, like the B/$×÷ sister is basically accusing them of, plus that almost all the researchers are various levels of nobles should be the expiration regardless of if they give their full names or not. Sis has been raised with to much pride for the daughter of a poor baron (the lowest noble rank in many hierarchies)

Note : I refuee to call anyone who would treat one child as a slave while pampering and spoiling the other as a proper parent, so quotations is the best I can do.
and the "mother" does believe she gave birth to the MC

Users who are viewing this thread