NieR: Automata: YoRHa Shinjuwan Kouka Sakusen Kiroku - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

I played nier Automata but I didn't dig to much about the game and now I got curious who is the two girls corrupt the YoRha.

No the Commander isn't corrupted.
She's just laughing about how she knows the truth and is trying to contain it, and thus it's not Futaba or Yotsuba who need a screening but Commander herself.
Like a crazed guilty regretful laughter.
Spoilers for the story below:
The 2 androids Futaba and Yotsuba have undergone multiple memory erases to contain the truth that you learn about as 9S in Nier:Automata. The commander is laughing about how she's basically leading her Androids into a lost war and she is the one under the most stress and regret, and requires a screening. That it isn't Futaba who needs a screening but the Commander herself.
Or that's how I remember it as from YoRHa 1.2.

Thanks for translating!

@diablossa & @Krune You're welcome!
@judevin28 You remember correctly 🙂 Tbh my heart goes out to Commander. I'm eager to see how a certain scene is portrayed in the manga -- it makes me tear up every time I watch the stage play.

By the way, if anyone is wondering, I didn't make up the "feature" of using one (or two) fonts for each character. The original does that, so I did my best to adapt to it with the font repertoire I had + could find for free download. I'm open to suggestions of (free) easier to read fonts that capture the feel of the way the character speaks/matches the Japanese font, if anyone has them. @usagiaddict

Fed-Kun's army
@magicalgirlelsa thanks for translating, im literally going to play the scene songs like the stage play as they come up, that way maybe it will cover the possible sobbing noises

Users who are viewing this thread