Night Mode / Blue Light Filter / Sepia Effect on Manga

i like being in dark, so i rarely turns on my light. but to compensate i gotta make EVERYTHING a dark mode so that i don't torch my eyes. i'd go out of my way to find a mod/plugin to make something a dark mode.

but i can't do anything for manga, the only thing i can do is turn on Night Light on windows 10 that "filter" out blue light and make everything seems like mexican movie. it would be awesome if you guys could implement a Night Mode or a toggle for something like a translucent / semi-transparent sepia layout on top of the manga.
it would be more awesome if it's adjustable (Twilight app on Android for reference).

@Grammade
are you talking about the manga chapters themselves or the site? If you are talking the site there is a setting for dark theme.

Fed-Kun's army
@schlo
Something like Night Light mode on Windows, but for MD only. I guess that what OP wants.

@AbyssalMonkey ... isn't that kinda the whole point of suggestion??
and im pretty sure you didn't read the whole post... i already am using blue light filter myself :)

Custom title
Staff
Developer
https://justgetflux.com/

I do not understand what the point is of us implementing something like this ourselves

I could put a semitransparent orange layer over the images but that's not going to look how you want it to: it'll fade out blacks as well as whites. The only other option is to completely change how we the render images by manipulating them on the fly, which I'm not particularly keen on adding especially when there exists extremely popular software that's supposed to be doing this for you.

+1
My Dark Mode browser extension doesn't work on the chapters and playing around with Night Light and other brightness settings on Win10 (I customized it) didn't help getting the result I wanted.

The app MangaReader has brightness settings that work for me most of the time.

@Teasday indeed it'll fade out everything, the whites will kinda looks oranges, the blacks will be a bit brown-ish. because it's literally an overlay thats "adding" redish/orange color. not necessarily "filter" out blue color, and not somekind of color manipulation.
as for the software i did already use windows 10 Night Light option, it's sufficient and does the job, just that it covers everything and everything.
really this is just a suggestion for an absolutely optional quality of life improvement, i wouldn't keep pressing on my points for it why it should be implemented. it's absolutely fine if it's rejected, after all i know this is just a suggestion and i already have a sufficiently working solution.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
At best you'd be getting something like this, and I really don't see how this would be good enough or better than what dedicated software can achieve:

gnjSp7w.png

If you want it no matter what, you can write yourself a userstyle and install it with Stylus.

Code:
@-moz-document domain("mangadex.org") {
    .reader-image-wrapper {
        background-color: #f59847;
    }
    .reader-image-wrapper > img {
        opacity: 0.7;
    }
}

Something like this probably works. Tweak the values however you feel like.

Users who are viewing this thread