Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Delegation

Group Leader
EDIT: I just realized I could just edit the chapter and reupload... How stupid I am...

Also, am I not getting better at drawing???

How the hell does the economy still intact? Stock market, export and import. How the hell do people work in this time? I know it's fantasy but they make it to be more realistic. Maybe that's why they go for the trade of food to keep food circulation to stable.

Contributor
@Waifuhunter101
most of what makes up peoples daily lives wouldn't be impacted right away, as most companies do have some stock in warehouses in ports. The biggest impact will be external shipping as Ships that were expected to come in don't and supplies in local warehouses of goods that are imported are drawn down. I would imagine that the reason they went for food trade is to replace food imports that are there to supplement the lack of full self sufficiency in the food market.

@Waifuhunter101 All these things you mentioned are already handwaved because the entire procedures can be extremely lengthy and nigh impossible to write succinctly. Just imagine the Jap government declared emergency status nation-wide and use the military to enforce order, that's all you need really. Don't dwell too much on it. Also, the Japan island has only been opened to the world nearly 2 centuries ago so it's highly probable for them to sustain during the Isekai.

Dex-chan lover
@Hiex91 2/3 of their food stuffs are imported. Not to mention oil and gas. So I doubt it would be business as usual for 100+ million japanese. Don't know isekai world pop, but doubt it is >1B and seeing that b4 industrial rev, 9 in 10 was employed in agriculture so Japan in this case, absent of miracle, Japan is royally fucked.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty impressed mustache-man learned to read an ANALOG watch so quickly considering he was given it along the way to the airshow. Also, an incredibly poor choice on part of the diplomatic team; why would you give analog watches as gifts as opposed to digital when the isekai-worlders not only have to learn the numerals, but also how to read a traditional watch face?

Power Uploader
There's no way they'd be able to produce new aircraft anyway without being able to import components (or fuel for that matter). I'm also somewhat curious how all their power plants, cars, trains, etc are still running over a week after being cut-off from the modern world. Japan is utterly dependent on trade and the open global economy.

Group Leader
@Kaiser92 The entire point of this trade negotiation is to secure food. It's not like Japan would instantly run out of food, they do have some leeway.

Dex-chan lover
@Guspaz My point was that Japan would need to import so much food and material that the continent would be unable to supply, absent of a miracle/deus ex machina. Unless I'm mistaken, the author is ignorant of the complexity and scale of modern economy. Will give this a go, but not hopeful, this premise is similar to many alternate history novels (high tech society transported to low tech) but the transported is much more e.g: The Alexander Inheritance (a cruise ship), 1632 Ring of Fire (a small town).

Users who are viewing this thread