Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Establishing Diplomacy

Dex-chan lover
Well, it isn't as if Japan in this manga wants to claim resources and expand by force (this time around). A friendly nation, that agreed to work together with japan and seems to be peaceful, is under treat of an aggressive invader and asked for help. That's a huge difference. We don't know on the other side, if the citizens of that helpless country e.g. ate children from the invading nation for the longest time. Maybe there is a good reason for that war?

Wonder where the USFJ went since the entirety of Japan got transferred in. Would be interesting to see what would happen now that they have lost their actual central command

@Qelix the novel haven't been translated much but so far, there's no good reason. Louria is a human supremacist country that believes all non human\demi-human are below human and should be terminated. And it's not a new thing, it's been going on for hundreds of years, and if you see the continent map (I forgot whether it's been shown in the manga) the reason Louria has a large teritory, it's because they have been invading and absorbing countries. So for now, I say Japan has all the reason to fire away.
Also, on this note, I suggest you to ready your stomach for the next chapter

Aggregator gang
You would think they would ask about the diplomatic/tech status of neighboring countries and what the capabilities of the magic of the world are while building that infrastructure.

They really shouldn't just assume everybody will just be at peace and not mess up their long term plans

They don't need prolonged war they just to bomb a city on enemy territory to show stregnth, then start negotiations, stall for time with a peace treaty to have time for production of ammo and tech, slowly absorb the friendly country for resources with their culture, ideals and more Japs just like colonists did but hiding it with culture exchange and friendship.

If it were me I would dominate half this continent in 10 - 20 years using foreign policy and diplomacy, showing just a little bit of stregnth to scare these countries, after all, these people are ignorant and don't know the stregnth of modern tech. Here Japan goes again with it's peace loving crap, I guess Murica cut off JP balls after WWII...

Fed-Kun's army
I thought Japan was still allowed to send military observers and support personnel to assist allies, though? I know they've been involved in a few UN things.

Even leaving aside the ethical and legal issues, I don't know if world domination would be particularly easy at this point - after all, Japan's modern economy (and high population density) assumes it'll be able to trade globally with other similarly advanced countries, so while they may have access to food and oil now, the country is probably near collapsing due to unemployment etc. after being transported to this other world, and not exactly on the best footing to fight a war. Fighting a long-distance asymmetrical war is incredibly resource-intensive - resources transported Japan doesn't have secure access to at this point.

If we were talking about a 20-year timeline, I can see it being possible, but they'd have to significantly restructure the country first (which they're going to have to do anyway), while maintaining friendly enough relations with other countries to keep getting the resources they need.

Aggregator gang
heh, japan did it on 20 years in real life, but that fast modernization is absurd

Dex-chan lover
I hope this does not end up like the banana wars, but then again this is a whitewashed version of their country making it look better than it is. In this sort of situation it is likely they would exploit the hell out of all the other nations, maybe even take control of their government.

Dex-chan lover
In before USA Britannia totally wipes the floor with the Thirteens Japanese...

😂

Dex-chan lover
so Louria is basically a nascent Imperium of Man? *ponders*
Checking next chapter, all subtlety goes out the window. Nuts!

Aggregator gang
man I wonder what will happen if America was the one that got isekai'd

Dex-chan lover
Ok, now I can at least understand why Japan did not immediately declare war on the planet.
1 Lack of information about the planet
(borders, nations, inhabitants, resources) You could declare war, but the moment your fuel and ammunition runs out, you're left defenceless in a world with Magic. So good on them for making that call.
2 Common tongue
(extremely lucky for the planet) I can imagine if the planet did not speak Japanese, this could have caused hostilities thus leaving Japan no other alternatives but to be more defensive in their decision making.

Now for the reason I think it was wise not to assist a wartime plea immediately is part of the above.
Japan does not know the resources which can be gained in helping or supporting a war. Does the enemy have oil in their lands? (much like how US likes to get involved), it's a waste of resources and troops if there is nothing to be gained in their involvement.
Also for the sake of creating strong ties with the planet, the enemy might also have some resources that the current nation does not, so playing both sides could be beneficial in getting more resources/information on the planet.

But in all honesty, I'm still in the belief that Japan would declare war on the world still. Once all the necessary information has been gathered on the planet, I really do not see any reason why a nation with a powerful military would not choose to expand, especially knowing the extremely large gap in strength, and that a modern nation need resources to survive. It's only a matter of time in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
@Reshfan

Well, it’s not the same, but if you haven’t yet, you could read Island in the Sea of Time where this takes homage/inspiration. Although it’s not a fantasy world, it’s somewhat pre-dark age history, and instead of the whole country, it’s an island from Massachusetts. It would give an idea as how some Americans would react. Some minor spoilers
some extreme environmental activists get brutally slaughtered

Aggregator gang
Ohhh Japan seems to have finally grown enough to spread Freedom in the US´s name lol

Aggregator gang
By introducing modern transports and bringing pollution to the earth, the kingdom lost their blessing and Japan had to trade with other nations to import food. The end.

The famous Yagou from Qua-Toyne. In four years he'll meet a girl named Tokino Sora.

Users who are viewing this thread