Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Taking Other's Danger

Dex-chan lover
@Aquacube11
They were probably already about to finish when the other dude uploaded his version. It would've taken Ai-chan 3 days just to translate this whole chapter, that doesn't include typesetting or proofreading by other people. This version is better anyway. The other translator made Ai-chan want to read the raw to see if he translated it wrong.

Group Leader
I really like how blatantly this copies "parallel" history. Western powers with technology fucks over the equivalent of feudal Japan once again! Except this time glorious 日本 [Japan][일본] is here to save older-and-totally-not-Japan[日本][일본][Япония]-but-its-Japan[栄光日本][영광스러운일본][славная япония][光榮日本][ญี่ปุ่นรุ่งโรจน์] from western colonization! TENNOHEIKA BANZAI! BANZAI!

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing you guys are only getting low-rez raws, but the upscaling is imo uglier than just a lower rez image would be.

Dex-chan lover
After reading both translations...
This one's superior, good job!
Also NIPPON BANZAI japanese propaganda stronk.

Dex-chan lover
Me when I see a shoulder blushing and flowers over his head: Aww...
Me when i see the next panel: a.
Me with my erotic mind: A...

Group Leader
@tonie
Of course they're superior. I don't do re-draws and my translations are only fair at best. And as an apology for unintentionally sniping their work, I deleted my version.

Contributor
@AnimeaddictionIV just wanted to say I appreciated your work, & even more so the nice gesture of taking down your chapter after they posted theirs (which I also appreciate the time they take for the clean/RD/quality).

Dex-chan lover
@AnimeaddictionIV sorry, didn't mean to offend you or anything. It's just this manga is heavier on dialogue I suppose. Also redrawing with this art is probably a huge pain in the ass. And didn't mean to accuse you of sniping. Your version was good enough for me to read it whole. The sentences made sense, they were gramstically correct (I suppose, I am not english native so I may be wrong) and didn't notice any typos. It's just it was different.
This one seems more appropriate for the soldiers to be speaking in such proffesional way and also the ambasador spoke slightly more proper to his job.
By that I mean thay your translation would fit for more casual tone of story since this is a series of nippon banzai propaganda and they have to show their best possible behaviour this is that type of manga (lol) and not some generic isekai with chilled mc fetting harem.

why are the pictures so blown up? I'd rather have small pictures than huge blurry ones.

Sometimes Japan should know that that world diplomacy is basically gun boat diplomacy. Sometimes the best way to negotiate is through force. You can't be too much of a pacifist.

Dex-chan lover
Aww the thread from the previously posted chapter is now lost, save this link PREVIOUS CH.20 DISCUSSION THREAD

Thus begins the rolf stomp of the second nation.

1st - Medieval
2nd - Pre-Industrial (early to mid 1800s)
3rd - WWII
4th - Foreshadowed to be near peer and magic based

The Palpardian Empire (the guys in 1800s western sailing outfits) is not evil for evil's sake. They're making a logical choice to rule by terror, and given that they seriously outclass every other nation in their sphere there's no downside. It's really Japan's fault for failing to impress their military superiority to the other nations. There existence in this world is outside believability, so it falls on them to prove they really are more advance than any other civ in the world. But then you wouldn't get the wars, so the story demands they don't.

Users who are viewing this thread