Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Taking Other's Danger

Dex-chan lover
@AMetroid
There existence in this world is outside believability, so it falls on them to prove they really are more advance than any other civ in the world.
They sort of learn this, just a few chapters ago on the advanced reader blog, where Japan starts thinking about refitting a captured battleship-flagship meant more for showing off than actual fighting.

Group Leader
@jseah
The thing about Japan is that they have been using the olive branch rather than the sword when encountering new nations, like they did with the Qua Toyne Principality. It's only due to bad luck they came across nations that didn't follow the cardinal rule of 'knowing one's enemy.'
For the Gra Valkas they used it at first, but it didn't work and they were pretty much like the Palpardian Empire so they continued using the sword

Dex-chan lover
Just honk the loud af horn at them, the sound should make the ship's crews scared af at least. How the hell they can have a navel battle with 0 casualties (unless maybe they purely waste ammo in a show of force, which isn'treally a battle then imo) is beyond me.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter... the previous one that post here was removed but this one is more clearer...

Dex-chan lover
@thedestroyership
It'll be 10 years before you see that. This is about ch 13-14 in the WN and of ch117 they're about early mid war with the 3rd opponent. I don't see them showing up till ch 150ish

@IronMace1990
The Ravernal Empire never encountered the WW2 Japanese unit. They had already disappeared from the planet. (remember the incoming meteor) The WW2 Jap unit just fought off their demons they left behind.

@jseah
I've read all 117 published chapters, and I don't remember this happening. I think you are thinking of Japan retrofitting Mu's most advance ship with some of Japan's advance tech. Which happened after it was damaged at the World Conference when the other transported nation (Gra Valkas) declared War on all nations. If not, what chapter did this happen in?

Anyway, Japan has made zero effort to display to other nations of the world that they totally outclass them.
Mu is the only nation that was able recognize their advance tech fast enough.
Everyone else had to wait to see Japan's results in a full scale battle that involved them. Most wars can be attributed to one side thinking they totally outclass the other side so stomping them is no problem. One of the best ways to avoid war is to show everyone you are super strong. However, as I said above, if Japan HAD done this there would be no story, so...

Group Leader
@zetsuravez
Of course it's clearer. I don't do re-draws and my Japanese is only fair. So as an apology for accidentally sniping the group, I removed the chapter I posted.

Dex-chan lover
23-b3eed25731093ef06afed2331f08bbc5c4515ae326dcb6ef1675a657ae5481b7.jpg

air-multiplier.jpg

HMMMMMMMMMMM

Group Leader
@DerpyTheSpy
Not quite the same but very close to Dyson's Airblade. I'm guessing those inscriptions on the sides of the ring is what allows the air to be directed outward to fill the sails.

Dex-chan lover
@AnimeaddictionIV

[Those inscriptions can also be found on the Light Discharge, Air-Compression Engine of the Holy Milishial Empire, except that the HME's spells are far more advanced than PE's/spoiler]

Dex-chan lover
@IronMace1990
Wasn't that the equivalent of the Jet combustion engine for science based jets? Though it wasn't still as advanced if I recall since it can't go supersonic as the magic air compression engine doesn't actively suck in wind like Japan's turbofan engines do and they don't have afterburners. Though the Ravernal Empire might have been different as it's been shown that the HME couldn't really completely reverse-engineer the tech from RE.

Group Leader
@RyoukoKonpaku
The Light Discharge, Air-Compression Engine is more like the pulse jet. No turbines and the inscriptions are better than the PE for sucking in air, but it doesn't compare to turbine blades. A basic jet engine uses the turbine to suck in air, channel through the turbine blades for compression with aviation fuel, then ignited out the back for thrust. The Light Discharge, Air-Compression Engine has no turbine and therefore the air and fuel has poor compression and poor thrust. It's a miracle they can get enough airspeed to get off the ground. The best comparison would be the V-1 buzz bomb.

Dex-chan lover
@AnimeaddictionIV
Ah right, it was more of a pulse jet on their end which by far wasn't really that used for manned aircraft due to that reason as well. It is used for unmanned ones though (e.g. Drones) as it provides enough thrust and isn't as expensive compared to turbines. Definitely agree, gotta wonder how it can man people there with just that lol.

Dex-chan lover
@AMetroid
There's advance chapters on the author's blog.
After winning the battle vs the thousand ship fleet and a Yamato clone (with radar fire directors!), Japan captures the not!Yamato and plans to refit it as a symbol of strength.

The conversation mentioned something like "this world only recognizes military power, so we must have something to show off so we don't get into these wars all the time"

Why they made wind blower that still needs a sail instead of wind propeller, or even water propeller which can move the ship without sail

Dex-chan lover
Why they made wind blower that still needs a sail instead of wind propeller, or even water propeller which can move the ship without sail

because the crystal only gives wind in one direction??? That, and maybe because of high limitation, they don't have the leeway to research it as much as they like.

Dex-chan lover
soo first they fought the 1200 , now they arew up against the 1600 ? we can assume the sourcer kingdom will be indeed a modern nation

Users who are viewing this thread