Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 8 Ch. 37 - Secret Deal

Dex-chan lover
Air superiority strikes again
Actually, no F-15Js were used during this mission. All patrolling Wyvern Lords are shot down by naval guns. As for reinforcements, they're too late, like 20 minutes late. Altaras has been liberated by the time the Palkimaera (Veronia in the LN to avoid confusion since the former sounds similar to the Flying Battleship Pal Chimera of the Holy Milishial Empire) arrived.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't get it, Japan during this time has F-35's and there are tens of thousands of US Marines/Soldiers/Sailors with permanent station there this includes B52s and even their Super Carriers, dunno why we're still looking at knock off F-16s and helicopter support ships.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get it, Japan during this time has F-35's and there are tens of thousands of US Marines/Soldiers/Sailors with permanent station there this includes B52s and even their Super Carriers, dunno why we're still looking at knock off F-16s and helicopter support ships.
In the story, Japan was transferred on the 2nd or 3rd week of January 2015. The F-35B was declared IOC on July 2015 and the F-35A almost a year later. So both Japan and the US doesn't have the F-35s yet.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
In the story, Japan was transferred on the 2nd or 3rd week of January 2015. The F-35B was declared IOC on July 2015 and the F-35A almost a year later
My brain was telling me they got transferred in 2017, might have mixed it up with when the ln came out.

Reactions: le3
Aggregator gang
Author seems to have disappeared and his blogs with future draft chapters is also 404.
Wait, for real? I mean the last chapter he release was two month ago. Can you tell me his blog address?
2017 is when the 1st Volume of the light novel came out.

Yeah, same for me. I kinda thought 2015 also is the time when LN volume 1 came out
While the WN first release in 2013, quite a bit gap before it went into publication.

Dex-chan lover

I'd still use domestically produced stuff in the first place rather than abroad produced stuff in order to not strain the spare parts stock.
The effect will be the same if you do the task with F2, F16 or F35 if the enemy can't even see you till it's time for them to say goodbyes.

It'd be better to keep F35 as a secret weapon, that is if you have them (I read the rest of comments).
It would be interesting if there was any country Japan could be matched against but in the end win with F35.

Dex-chan lover
Hell yeah, time to serve them a extra large serving of modern firepower.

Dex-chan lover
I'd still use domestically produced stuff in the first place rather than abroad produced stuff in order to not strain the spare parts stock.
The effect will be the same if you do the task with F2, F16 or F35 if the enemy can't even see you till it's time for them to say goodbyes.

It'd be better to keep F35 as a secret weapon, that is if you have them (I read the rest of comments).
It would be interesting if there was any country Japan could be matched against but in the end win with F35.
The author already stated that the F-35 will not appear on the story

Dex-chan lover
The F-35 would be relevant if you needed stealth against your enemies, but even the MU are just barely at WWI level. Pretty much overkill and at the same time irrelevant against napolenic era military, like taking a Hypercar to a school run. They don't have drop tanks to extend range and even in beast mode they can barely load more ordnance than a F-2, which btw aren't know-offs since the development of it was joint between japan and Lockheed Martin which are the current manufacturer of the F-16. So in that situation the F-35 doesn't have any advantage against a cheaper and loaded F-2, you're wasting money using something you don't need, not to mention the F-35 supersonic flight time is limited lest damage the stealth coating, the cost to maintain it is expensive even from normal flight and btw they also can't fly near thunderstorms.

As for the US military, I'd think they'd took a wait and see stance. They're no longer on Earth cut off from the USA they can't willy-nilly get into conflicts they don't know or without knowledged of how they'd apply 'international laws' to a Isekaied stranded group of military in an allied country. From how the local diplomats have taken over the Earth countries embassies, they all probably lost the Raison d'être and took assylum in Japan or took other jobs.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The F-35 would be relevant if you needed stealth against your enemies, but even the MU are just barely at WWI level. Pretty much overkill and at the same time irrelevant against napolenic era military, like taking a Hypercar to a school run. They don't have drop tanks to extend range and even in beast mode they can barely load more ordnance than a F-2, which btw aren't know-offs since the development of it was joint between japan and Lockheed Martin which are the current manufacturer of the F-16. So in that situation the F-35 doesn't have any advantage against a cheaper and loaded F-2, you're wasting money using something you don't need, not to mention the F-35 supersonic flight time is limited lest damage the stealth coating, the cost to maintain it is expensive even from normal flight and btw they also can't fly near thunderstorms.

As for the US military, I'd think they'd took a wait and see stance. They're no longer on Earth cut off from the USA they can't willy-nilly get into conflicts they don't know or without knowledged of how they'd apply 'international laws' to a Isekaied stranded group of military in an allied country. From how the local diplomats have taken over the Earth countries embassies, they all probably lost the Raison d'être and took assylum in Japan or took other jobs.
thats an odd take on the stance the US military, I'd lean more towards them folding into the JSDF as a foreign contingent, and while the F-2 was jointly developed, it lacks the same interoperability with radar and other combat systems that the F-35 can achieve, especially with data link and their cruisers/destroyers. I wouldn't be operating the F-35 as a direct combat airframe, it would be better suited to targeting assistance and battle space identification. I'd also like to add the F-35 would be able to use higher tier LRASM, I don't care if their tech is low, they have fucking magic and no way would I risk limited air assets on the gamble they can't use some god-like powers. I would be less worried about the stealth-tech and more frame hours, the sensors are just better and should be utilized to their max before they finally give out. No chance to replace those at all.

Dex-chan lover

As per the LN author, no F-35 since the transfer happened during the time when the F-35 was still on testing But there will be a 6th-gen F-3, nuclear submarines, Tomahawk missiles, full-fledged aircraft carriers, and 4 railgun-armed AEGIS battleships

Users who are viewing this thread