Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 9 Ch. 42 - The Imperial Army Military Base

...This is like the 3rd or 4th time I've had to say this, and I'm really getting tired of repeating it - especially when the last time was only a few posts before this, but Japan has no aircraft carriers. They have helicopter carriers. Fixed wing aircraft can not operate off of them. Literally none of the fixed wing aircraft, which is all the aircraft you're seeing, can operate off of carriers, let alone Japanese carriers.

And I already addressed the craters because if you look you'll see craters where there are visible stilts being used. There's craters where there's parts of the deck are on stilts. Meaning that the ground is not going to be directly under the deck.

And as for this base: do you know how close that is? Because I don't. Manga doesn't say it, either. So how do you know?

And for someone telling me to read carefully, you and like about a half dozen other people that had to be corrected forgot that those are NOT troop transports and they are BOMBERS and a previous chapter takes several pages explaining this.

So you can stop with the "u need to read carefully" nonsense.
for the base right they didnt say anything about the distances but since they talked about it and judging the fact that they had to finish that airport to start the whole operation my guess is it at least was close enough for those aicrafts that cannot operate off of carriers to be in range and be able to reach just fine, its been a while since i read this manga so i might be wrong

i also somehow got the wrong idea that those bombers were carrying troops / paratroops my bad on that anyway i just did some checkings on the maps compared it to the size of japan and the distance should be roughly between 600km to a 1000km from that new built airport which should be no problem ope from, but again i mighty be wrong i also couldnt find a proper map and too lazy to recheck the map on the manga

Japan doesn't have any carriers capable of operating any fixed-wing aircraft. They are not CATOBAR. They have no VTOL fixed-wing aircraft like the Harrier or F-35B. Nothing other than helicopters can operate off of them.

And there's no way you're getting an F-2 to operate from a carrier, even if they had one capable of handling fixed-wing aircraft.
It's true, but it is still possible that could happend that they have a some sort of cariers, as u have sayd currently japan has no possible carriers of own acord, so i think for the rescue comes the possibility of the U.S. base alocated in some provinces in japan and some of them are also ports, some of them are are used as refuel stations and restock facilites for the U.S. to keep peace in indio-pacific region even today. My point being that japan "could have" had an oportunity and they could be lucky enought to have the privledge or the negotiation to have teportary join in force together when they were send over into another world. In short it would not suprive me if they were alowed to use the supercaries or just carriers that USA has while the whole personel was also send over to another world, and without the main coutry from they come, they could/would just agree to the terms japan had offered them to be of assistance for the JSDF.(i m not shure about the carriers if they are currently used in those ports or no it's hard to tell tbh but there probably are some becouse of the situation between the Taiwan an China, it would not surprise me that they currently alocated some along the japanese coast as a standby, so there could be or could not i m not gonna drag my feet deeper into that, but let's just say for the sake of the author and mangaka crating this 'fanfiction' that they were there while getting suplies before they got dragged into this new world and they are allowed to be used by the japanese JSDF army for this sort of operation, but man.. i hope mangaka would realy give really good explanation for this becouse otherwise i also do not see any way of this working out... Maybe the presure of the air is low on that planet and it is making it use way less fuel and it saves it provides it gives a less burden on the fuel consumtion .. idk? The more i think about this it just gives more complications... Couse it is wierd when the planet is 2.5 times bigger and the fuel is not getting used as much while carrying bombs or rockets that should lower the plane capabilities, yet here we are and somehow it is even higher) also sory for it being hard to read if someone foud it being that, i m writing this after lack of sleep and a few beers but i think the meaning is there. Maybe i will find this post after a week if i will remember this still

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's true, but it is still possible that could happend that they have a some sort of cariers, as u have sayd currently japan has no possible carriers of own acord, so i think for the rescue comes the possibility of the U.S. base alocated in some provinces in japan and some of them are also ports, some of them are are used as refuel stations and restock facilites for the U.S. to keep peace in indio-pacific region even today. My point being that japan "could have" had an oportunity and they could be lucky enought to have the privledge or the negotiation to have teportary join in force together when they were send over into another world. In short it would not suprive me if they were alowed to use the supercaries or just carriers that USA has while the whole personel was also send over to another world, and without the main coutry from they come, they could/would just agree to the terms japan had offered them to be of assistance for the JSDF.(i m not shure about the carriers if they are currently used in those ports or no it's hard to tell tbh but there probably are some becouse of the situation between the Taiwan an China, it would not surprise me that they currently alocated some along the japanese coast as a standby, so there could be or could not i m not gonna drag my feet deeper into that, but let's just say for the sake of the author and mangaka crating this 'fanfiction' that they were there while getting suplies before they got dragged into this new world and they are allowed to be used by the japanese JSDF army for this sort of operation, but man.. i hope mangaka would realy give really good explanation for this becouse otherwise i also do not see any way of this working out... Maybe the presure of the air is low on that planet and it is making it use way less fuel and it saves it provides it gives a less burden on the fuel consumtion .. idk? The more i think about this it just gives more complications... Couse it is wierd when the planet is 2.5 times bigger and the fuel is not getting used as much while carrying bombs or rockets that should lower the plane capabilities, yet here we are and somehow it is even higher) also sory for it being hard to read if someone foud it being that, i m writing this after lack of sleep and a few beers but i think the meaning is there. Maybe i will find this post after a week if i will remember this still

...It doesn't matter if the JSDF even has a fleet of super carriers. You will literally not be able to operate an F-2 off of them. The front landing gear will be ripped off from a catapult launch. It can't land, either, because the landing gear would collapse and break. And it has no tail hook, so it can't land regardless on ANY carrier. It doesn't matter if you have a carrier if the aircraft you have literally can't operate off of it without being destroyed. Navalized aircraft have to have specifically rated and designed landing gear to be launched and land upon a carrier. None of the aircraft we've seen thus far qualify (outside of helicopters).

Keep in mind: this is based off the novel and the novel takes place in 2015 and is based on what was available in Japan then. Not that it matters, because even today in 2024 Japan still doesn't have any fixed-wing aircraft operating off any of their carriers. And, thorough this entire manga, we have not seen one single United States soldier/sailor/marine or any American vessels or aircraft. It's been entirely Japanese. And from what I understand, it stays that way even in the web novel with the Americans only referred to in passing and having nothing to do with the actual story.

Aggregator gang
They couldn't deploy Wyverns because the runway was destroyed? Why would a wyvern need a runway?
They don't have fixed wings like planes, they just flap. Surely the wild ones don't have runways.
It seems like their "secret weapon" was not wyverns but planes they developed in secret.

Banned
Didn't they convert that Fantasy Arabian country's outdated (Mu's built) airport into an air staging base?

Dex-chan lover
WHAT DO YOU MEAN WYVERN DEPLOYMENT IS IMPOSSIBLE?
LMAO YOU THINK WYVERNS NEED A RUNWAY TO FLY?

Users who are viewing this thread