Nikaidou Hell Golf - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Confession

I really love how he depicts this obsession with "living the dream life" as no different than any other negative vice or addiction. Watching his friends re-introduce him to golf feels the same as offering a recovering alcoholic one last drink. Throwing away any real stable form of living or happiness for a fantasy or momentary state of bliss instead.

HCO

Dex-chan lover
With regard to the quality of depicting achieving a dream and the sacrifices required, I think this is up there with Andre Agassi's autobiography Open. There are so few people in the world that will truly understand what achieving a dream means. Most people will never even get the opportunity. You have to be at least partially insane, as evidenced by Nikaidou's actions, and then you have to be in the position to even do it in the first place.

It's all made nearly impossible by the mere virtue of the fact that to give up a normal life to achieve a dream you have to be mad. You have to have some kind of drive beyond everyone else's drive, an obsession. You may have to give up everything a regular person wouldn't. It's clear Fukumoto understands this on a level beyond almost anyone else. And I get it... even if Nikaidou died without ever achieving anything, at least he would have given it his best shot. It might seem like a platitude -- who cares, if you're dead anyway -- but I'd rather know I tried.

Dex-chan lover
When dedication becomes addiction.

The real question is if this break(up and also from the game) is the jump start he needed or if we're simply going back into the bog.

Group Leader
With regard to the quality of depicting achieving a dream and the sacrifices required, I think this is up there with Andre Agassi's autobiography Open. There are so few people in the world that will truly understand what achieving a dream means. Most people will never even get the opportunity. You have to be at least partially insane, as evidenced by Nikaidou's actions, and then you have to be in the position to even do it in the first place.

It's all made nearly impossible by the mere virtue of the fact that to give up a normal life to achieve a dream you have to be mad. You have to have some kind of drive beyond everyone else's drive, an obsession. You may have to give up everything a regular person wouldn't. It's clear Fukumoto understands this on a level beyond almost anyone else. And I get it... even if Nikaidou died without ever achieving anything, at least he would have given it his best shot. It might seem like a platitude -- who cares, if you're dead anyway -- but I'd rather know I tried.
I think this is fkmts autobiography of his manga career

Dex-chan lover
When dedication becomes addiction.

The real question is if this break(up and also from the game) is the jump start he needed or if we're simply going back into the bog.
He is on his 40s has Golf brain rot, and his best score ever was just 66, even at his peak he was not good enough, and he still has not beaten his peak

He is back to the bog, to beg being hired back, and by the time he realizes he fucked up, Kazumi will be married and with kids

He will reach his 70s and will keep trying to go pro, this is the start of the hell golf, before he had nothing but golf, now he is abandoned what he could have for something he is mid at

Fed-Kun's army
lol everyone who has ever played golf has gone through the "this is it, I finally got it" moment only to lose it the very next day

Users who are viewing this thread